help required

captain cojones

hi everybody, i just got given fishsim2, but have a problem with it working. i have e.mailed the tech support people, but had no reply.i tried to go on the`first fishing trip`as its described in the leaflet, and have followed the instructions to the letter, but when i click on the `go fishing`tag to start, i get the hourglass icon, but nothing else happens. the mouse will not respond, nor anything on the keyboard.i have tried other venues, but the same happens. hope one of you lot has an idea, at least i know you will reply, not like their tec support lot!! :mad:

hi tyke first of all i want to say thank you for your reply, i appreciate it. i have directx7 installed, i have disinstalled everything and tried again, with updates to the direct x7, i have also tried reducing the slider bar that controls the grafics a couple of notches, no difference. i end up having to turn the computor off without shutting anything down as nothing on the keyboard will work. even pushing the 3 keys together that normally does the trick!?!?!?

thanks tyke, i have had a look at the kingfisher site. i think it would be a good move to ask on there, if anybody knows whats up.the fish sim game looked quite good on the demo i saw, but if i had known that their `customer support`(joke) was so pathetic, and that you have to rely on the goodwill of people like tyke, to help you out. i would not have got it. i will certainly not reccomend it to others. thanks again.

Can you fish on the River Lot as this venue is the one that should work.

If not then it is something to do with DirectX

Nigel not looked at your topic but guess it has something to do with not being able to catch fish (am I right) if so then your prob is easy, there are no fish in the demo version, only in the shareware version (link on anglers net somewhere)