Centre pin noob

kirisute

Ok the story is thus;

I have a centrepin for my pen rod...superb fun reel to use....really enjoy using it and get on really well with it...can cast, can strike....wonderful.

So I thought I'd ask for a full size one for Xmas! :D oh how wise I am methinks!

Lo and behold I got two! The TFG one and a more expensive one I can't recall the name of now.

Trouble is I'm a fumbling moron with them! I've not practiced much, but even so :huh:

Had a dabble tonight and cocked up good and proper a few times....just can't get the hang of casting.

So my question is: anyone out there got a website/ video/ morons guide to effectively casting with a centrepin?

Dads shown me a bit, and like all fathers he makes it look mockingly easy whilst I endeavour to strangle myself in 8lb fishing line in a casting attempt worthy of an octopus on ecstasy!

I'm wrapping around reel, I'm flipping line over the rod eyes, if I turn the clutch off I loose all control and somehow wrap yards of line backwards and around the reel itself! Whilst throttling myself! Twice!

I need help!

Ok the story is thus;

I have a centrepin for my pen rod...superb fun reel to use....really enjoy using it and get on really well with it...can cast, can strike....wonderful.

So I thought I'd ask for a full size one for Xmas! :D oh how wise I am methinks!

Lo and behold I got two! The TFG one and a more expensive one I can't recall the name of now.

Trouble is I'm a fumbling moron with them! I've not practiced much, but even so :huh:

Had a dabble tonight and cocked up good and proper a few times....just can't get the hang of casting.

So my question is: anyone out there got a website/ video/ morons guide to effectively casting with a centrepin?

Dads shown me a bit, and like all fathers he makes it look mockingly easy whilst I endeavour to strangle myself in 8lb fishing line in a casting attempt worthy of an octopus on ecstasy!

I'm wrapping around reel, I'm flipping line over the rod eyes, if I turn the clutch off I loose all control and somehow wrap yards of line backwards and around the reel itself! Whilst throttling myself! Twice!

I need help!

A deal? :D

Post this

whilst I endeavour to strangle myself in 8lb fishing line in a casting attempt worthy of an octopus on ecstasy!

on YouTube, and I've no doubt at all that I (and others) will happily help with a website/ video/ morons guide to effectively casting with a centrepin? B):D