Appetite for shark fin soup 'causing decline of blue sharks in UK waters'

Elton

Study says blue shark population off UK coast is targeted by fisherman using 'wall of death' method, before being sent to Asia

More details here:

http://www.guardian.co.uk/environment/2012...-blue-sharks-uk

Anglers' Net Shopping Partners - Please Support Your Forum

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

CLICK HERE for Go Outdoors. HUGE discounts!

FOLLOW ANGLERS' NET ON TWITTER- CLICK HERE - @anglersnet

PLEASE 'LIKE' US ON FACEBOOK - CLICK HERE

Be better if the author knew what he was talking about. Study says long-line fishing is the cause yet he goes for the emotive 'wall of death' garbage and shows a shark caught in a net. Sensationalist drivel, the study may be worth a read but that rubbish report certainly isn't.

par for the course for a guardian environmental article........ :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Got to agree there is no shortage of Blue Shark here in the South West even I can catch one.

untitled.jpg

Edited by Bob Shotter
Publication2_zpsthmtka6c.jpg

Got to agree there is no shortage of Blue Shark here in the South West even I can catch one.

untitled.jpg

Nice doggie Bob........... B)

Just noticed the rod in the corner.....after Mako?

Edited by Worms

Eating wild caught fish is good for my health, reduces food miles and keeps me fit trying to catch them........it's my choice to do it, not yours to stop me!

Nice doggie Bob........... B)

Just noticed the rod in the corner.....after Mako?

This shark problem, if it is a problem? is of course strongly influenced by the high prices paid for fins and the growing wealth among the Chinese. I recall Omani beach boat fishermen being very excited if they caught a shark as its fins were worth more than a boat full of yellow-fin tuna when I worked there.