Diover Eastern Arm

n4lly

As i'm home alone this weekend, wife and sprogs gone to the Mother-in-laws, last minute decision, i'm going fishing. :clap2:

Two score of excellent (as usual) blacks from Pauline @ Micks, no Rag in so pop

into Brazils for a pack of Excellent (as usual) Rag. As the target today is Wrasse.

The weather not too bad when i get setup, just spitting and a bit of a breeze.

EasternArm1703001.jpg

EasternArm1703004.jpg

Plan is to fish one rod out with large squid bait on 6/0 pennell and a rod down the wall with 3 hook

boom rig with short hook length and size 1's.

It's not long before the down the wall rod is rattled, jump up the step and pick up rod, waiting for a pull down.

There it is and fish on, Wrasse are great fun, real bully's.

First Wrasse of the year.

EasternArm1703002.jpg

EasternArm1703003.jpg

The out long rod then gets a pull down, the dogfish have turned up.

EasternArm1703005.jpg

EasternArm1703007.jpg

I wanted to fish the tide all the way up, but after two hours of persitant rain and that breeze

i got soaked and frozen. Packed up early.

Final tally: 3 Wrasse, 4 Dogfish, 0 Whiting, 0 Pollock.

Not bad for 3 hours.

Mission accomplished

Most pleased :thumbs:

1509tarpon_75_.gif

4nlly

Is the Eastern Arm open for fishing, or were you on the Breakwater?

Tony

After a certain age, if you don't wake up aching in every joint, you are probably dead.

The Eastern Arm is open to those that work in the port.

You need a security pass and parking permit.

Is brilliant up there the Arm does not suffer the tide rip that the admiralty and breakwater do.

Means you can fish with 3 - 4 oz leads.

The rest of the Harbour shelters the bay and the Wrasse love it and can get very big.

One i caught a couple of years ago.

ballan1.jpg

B)

1509tarpon_75_.gif

n4lly,

Just super! You make me want to join you. (I would want nicer weather however.)

Couple questions.

First, You posted about that far "bank" the other day that has/had fallen. Can you explain it to me (a Yank)?

Why so little line on that reel? Looks to be only 25 - 30 lb test so I'd have thought you would use a full spool. Maybe just haven't got arount to filling it up?

Phone

Hi Phone,

The Cliff are the famous white cliffs of Dover.

Re line on the reels, the Silver Avet is loaded with 30 lb Berkley whiplash pro, plus about 50 yards of

18 mono. So about 450 yards.

The Abu Mag eleite Florida sunset orange is loaded with Berkley Big Game 12lb Mono.

Both have a length of 50lb Mono shock leader.

Both are more than full.

Remember we are beach casters over here, over full a multiplier and you be in danger of a birds nest.

1509tarpon_75_.gif

n4lly,

I thought so (the cliffs). Sailed from there to France a couple times.

Rookies!! Fill those reels up to the brim. (ha ha). Surf casters are good for 3 - 4 hundred yards. Not me you understand - but you.

Phone

Hi Phone,

The Cliff are the famous white cliffs of Dover.

Re line on the reels, the Silver Avet is loaded with 30 lb Berkley whiplash pro, plus about 50 yards of

18 mono. So about 450 yards.

The Abu Mag eleite Florida sunset orange is loaded with Berkley Big Game 12lb Mono.

Both have a length of 50lb Mono shock leader.

Both are more than full.

Remember we are beach casters over here, over full a multiplier and you be in danger of a birds nest.

i get a birds nest just admiring them in the shop window ,i could cast ok with the 7ht i bought and later sold but i cannot stomach the hours of winding back in

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson