*alert*

Guest scoobs11

Guest poledark

None taken Liam, probably cos I didn't understand it biggrin.gifbiggrin.gif

I have worked on some sites in the North West, Burnley and all points around there, and when we were helping to build the shopping precinct by the bus station in Burnley we met a bunch of roof asphalters from Manchester. What a bunch,like animals they were, but did they work hard.

Some years later there was a series on the TV called "The boys from the black stuff"

I swear they were the same blokes we met in Burnley, especially Yosser.

I always get a little misty eyed when I here his name and conjure up an image of him.

Yes I know they weren't the Auf Wiedersen crew but there must have been many groups of site Workers like them, believe me they really do exist

Sorry about that lads just me reminiscing smile.gif

------------------

poledark ANMC

• 5 months later...

I was just searching for Burnley on this forum and found this. Poledark btw, the bus station isnt there any more its a construction site now. New bus station on its way. Also from where you will remember sainsbury's being (thats moved to the old Prestige site) to up the top of centenary way they are totally re tarmacking the roads. Its absolute Chaos.

And thank you to for your reply :D

Den

"When through the woods and forest glades I wanderAnd hear the birds sing sweetly in the trees;When I look down from lofty mountain grandeur,And hear the brook, and feel the breeze;and see the waves crash on the shore,Then sings my soul..................

for all you Spodders. https://youtu.be/XYxsY-FbSic

Steve Burke:

Brilliant!  Our friends across the Atlantic won't know what you're on about though!

Not so Steve. We have also had a version shipped to folks who should not have gotten it.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

It has come to our attention that a few copies of the Redneck edition of Windows XP may have accidentally been shipped to non Rednecks. If you have one of the Redneck editions you may need some help understanding the commands.

The Redneck edition may be recognized by looking at the opening screen. It reads WINDERS XP with a background picture of the General Lee superimposed on a Confederate flag. It is shipped with a Daisy Duke screen saver. Also note the Recycle Bin is labeled Outhouse, My Computer is called This Infernal Contraption, Dialup Networking is called Good Ol' Boys, Control Panel is known as the Dern Dashboard, Hard Drive is referred to as 4 Wheel Drive, and floppies are them little ole plactic disc thangs.

Other features:

Instead of an error message you get a winder covered with a garbage bag and duct tape.

OK = ats aww-right

cancel = hail no

reset = awa shoot

yes = shore

no = Naaaa

find = hunt-fer it

go to = over yonder

back = back yonder

help = hep me out here

stop = ternit off

start = crank 'er up

settings = sittins

programs = stuff that does stuff

documents = stuff I done did

Also note that Winders XP does not recognize capital letters or punctuation marks.

Some programs that are exclusive to Winders XP (Redneck version):

tiperiter........... A word processor

colering book....... a graphics program

addin mershene...... calculator

outhouse paper ..... notepad

jupe-box ........... CD Player

iner-net............ Microsoft Explorer

pichers............. A graphics viewer

IRS................. M/S accounting software

coon dog............ American kennel club records

fishin.............. Bass Anglers Sportsman Society

NRA................. National Rifle Association

shot gun ........... Remington Arms price list

raffel.............. Winchester price list

pistel.............. Smith & Wesson price list

truck............... Ford & Chevrolet dealers in Mississippi

house............... Nearest Mobile home repair service

core network........ Used Car listing for Mississippi

cuzzins............. family history usually a 1kb file

tax records......... usually an empty file

shells.............. ammunition inventory

bud................. list of Budweiser dealers in Mississippi

rasin............... NASCAR racing schedule

Parts............... nearest Junk yard by zip code

doc ................ veterinarians in Mississippi

thesaurus........... Barney's home page

spell check......... Physicians visit schedule

highlight........... Chandelier outlets

We regret any inconvenience it may have caused if you received a copy of the Redneck edition of Windows XP. You may return it to Microsoft for a replacement version.

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President