Battery charger help

Anthony78

Hi Guy's,

I've managed to get my hands on a cheap battery charger as my old one went bang. I'm a little worried that it's not up to the task and was wondering if someone could translate the label into laymens terms please.

Photo06-04-2012054158PM.jpg

I currently use batteries of 2000 mAh AA batteries for most of my equipment. This charger states 300 - 340mA. Does this mean that the charger will only ever charge my batteries to 340mA therefore I would not be getting the best from them?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Regards

Ant

Apologies about the size of the picture. Tried to resize and rotate but it looks like all technology is defying me today <_<

Edited by Anthony78

Effort equals reward!!

i got a sore neck trying to read it so i just googled the model number.

http://www.scribd.com/doc/1970754/Maplin-U...ger-model-N65CX

theres a difference between mA and Mah but i dont know what.

looks like you can charge AA Nimh up to 2300 mAh and AA nicd up to 800mah

what type of rechargeable AA's do you have, nimh or nicd ?

Owner of Tacklesack.co.uk

Moderator at The-Pikers-Pit.co.uk

i got a sore neck trying to read it so i just googled the model number.

http://www.scribd.com/doc/1970754/Maplin-U...ger-model-N65CX

theres a difference between mA and Mah but i dont know what.

looks like you can charge AA Nimh up to 2300 mAh and AA nicd up to 800mah

what type of rechargeable AA's do you have, nimh or nicd ?

Hi Andy,

Sorry about the sore neck. That image is the right way up in Photobucket so not sure what happened.

I currently use nimh batteries. Thanks for the link. I could have googled it myslef but that would mean that I wouldn't get to talk to you friendly chaps :D

Ant

Effort equals reward!!

Hi Andy,

Sorry about the sore neck. That image is the right way up in Photobucket so not sure what happened.

I currently use nimh batteries. Thanks for the link. I could have googled it myslef but that would mean that I wouldn't get to talk to you friendly chaps :D

Ant

its alright. if people didnt post we wouldnt have anything to talk or moan about :thumbs:

Owner of Tacklesack.co.uk

Moderator at The-Pikers-Pit.co.uk

i cannot read it but some are timed chargers and now pretty obselete ,the old types used to charge for a set output and set time so they didnt cook the battery.

nowadays chargers are smart and most of the decent ones will charge the battery after sussing the approx capacity then sit either trickle charging or better still monitor the battery and spot if it has problems and recondition it

looking at the specs it not a recent charger nicads are almost obselete now but it will charge crudely anything up to 2.3 amp nihms (2300mA) BUT its a timed version so not good for batteries long life

my 1000mA and 2,500 mA batteries would never get fully charged as it would turn off before they were fully charged.

i'm not sure how it knows if an AA is 1600mA but i guess it would get pretty hot compared to a 2,300 one in 8 hours ,i like the word "fast" AND 8 hours in the same sentence :D

i love car boots i found a great charger for £2 at one i was astonished to see the retail price but it is a good charger

whoops its this one : http://www.mahaenergy.com/store/viewItem.asp?idProduct=408

the other two chargers i have (i use a lot the camera takes 4 the metal detector 12 etc) are cheap tronic TLG 1000 from lidl ,not as sophisticated but good you can leave batteries in them and their ready to use wheras in a box they lose capacity

i would love this one but i doubt it will be in a bootfair

http://www.mahaenergy.com/store/viewItem.asp?idProduct=423

it can tell you the actual capacity of a battery letting you know if its fully charged this lets you get away from having a bit of electronics fail because one battery is knackered or failing

Edited by chesters1

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson