How can I get my films onto CD

JackPike

I have several films on my hard drive which is using valuble space and i want to burn them to Cd so I can play them on my DVD player but the trouble I have is that when i try to burn an error keeps comming up not enough space on the Cd r,s .But CDr,s are 730 mb and the films are only 500mbI know I can save them as data no probs but when i want to burn a CD film no chance?

He who simply trys, Is not trying hard enuff

hi jackpike

ive used cdrs and the total space is usually 648mb which is annoyingly less than 750mb

i think you may have to buy a dvd recordable cd which has 4.5gig space which costs about 15-18 quid but dont qoute me on the price its cheaper in differant places like most things.

ive got a philips 1600 cdrw and i use it for music compilations and software backups so i dont know much about films on disc but im pretty sure on cdr space.

u know anywhere good to download films on harddisc?

i just use normal dvd rented discs on my liteon drive on pc so it would be nice to add to my collection ive got a 20gig hd should be enough room for now

(just checked i use 700mb and it only allows me 648 so i guess 750 would also be lower by a fraction?)

if your film is 500mb i cannot see a prob on size but what software are you using could affect it.

billy

[ 11. May 2003, 07:22 PM: Message edited by: billy5000 ]

Is the burning software converting the film into a format(mpg)that the dvd player will play? If so it is probably ending up at about a gig!

Alive without breath,

As cold as death;

Never thirsty, ever drinking,

All in mail never clinking.

I`ll just get me rod!!!

Hi Scott its a 52 speed CDr. I,ve been looking at DVD RW,s but at the present moment there are 4 different formats so when they standardize the format I will wait. i am just wondering if a DVD rw disc would work on my burner.

JackPike:

I have several films on my hard drive which is using valuble space and i want to burn them to Cd so I can play them on my DVD player but the trouble I have is that when i try to burn an error keeps comming up not enough space on the Cd r,s .But CDr,s are 730 mb and the films are only 500mbI know I can save them as data no probs but when i want to burn a CD film no chance?

If you are using Nero, you can activate the overburn facility, but heed the warnings. Remember that CD burners work from the centre outwards, so if it runs out of CD it just carries on burning your Burner!

Do not use Nero to convert avi files to mpg, it's worse than useless. Yes it does take some time to convert, divide and burn.

Have a look at www.afterdawn.com for the answers to all your burning problems. Read the instructions for newbies, as your question has I can assure you been asked before.

Colin

Thanks for the advice Colin I found some 900 meg disks that I could record to just find out if my burner is compatible with them