Makins - a den of iniquity?

WickerDave

ayjay:

ayjay:

No but "someone" once got her bum bitten by a million red ants.....

Den

That hurts; I was walking across a field on a little piece of the R.Mimram I used to rent and felt a pain on my inner thigh, it was enough to make me drop my keks right there in the middle of the field to investigate........and that was just one red ant that bit me.

Guest crazyhazy

Fished Makins a few times years ago and used to like it. Gone off commercial fisheries altogether- Tried Cudmore a couple of times and it does nothing for me at all - the water absolutely stinks and looks stagnant!

[ 25. June 2005, 04:53 PM: Message edited by: Big G ]

Thinking back, I invited a number of lasses to come fishing with me.

Now I'm wondering if it might have all been a big disappointment to them.

Being taken miles from anywhere, sitting down on a grassy bank amongst the reeds on a wonderful summers day ........... and watching as I intently banked slimy fish!

But there was Carmel!

(But I don't think that counts, being in the last week of the closed season and I didn't have any tackle with me ....... er fishing tackle that is)

TL - leon

RNLI Shoreline Member

Member of the Angling Trust

jeepster:

that's surely the way forward, combining your two favourite activites in one location. fishing and dogging, pefect!

Speak for yourself, jeepster.

poledark, the original den of iniquity? And I thought the red face in your posted pictures was due to the weight of the carp .

The bait had to be hot dog sausage, surely. About all I can tell you is that the car was a Vauxhall, as I had to avert my eyes to it's distinctively shaped boot.