Reel Help Please

mdgfishing

I have done something Very silly :) tried to fix my Shakespear Oracle reel and it's in bits .

I need the instruction diagram for my local tackle shop to put back together for me.

Any help in this matter would be very much appriciated.

Tight Lines & Have a very Happy Christmas

MDG-Fishing

MdgFishing

Keeper Of Maggots & Old Codger to Boot

IPB Image

My Fishy Gallery

Best Wishes & Tight Lines

mdgfishing working digi-darkroom.com

mdgfishing@hotmail.com

The major reel manufacturers usually make updated reel schematics available from either their website or from a dedicated website, that is with the exception of ........Shakespeare.

You have two choices, either take it to an authorised Shakespeare repair centre where they'll sort it for you quickly and cheaply. If its still within the guarantee period probably cost you nothing. The alternative is to

e-mail Shakespeare and ask them if they can supply the schematics for your reel (quoting the model number) You can find the info. re their contact details and the address of your nearest service centre at www.shakespeare-fishing.co.uk

[ 19. December 2004, 10:41 PM: Message edited by: argyll ]

'I've got a mind like a steel wassitsname'

argyll, Thanks for your infomation and post, i will try ringing them in the morning .

if anybody has this real and could copy details and email info to me I would welcome it as I think fishing company take long hols at this time of year. ( lucky devels ) I work over the holidays.

MdgFishing

IPB Image

My Fishy Gallery

mdgfishing@hotmail.com

I have now spoken to Shakespear and they are sending me the required infomation.

Thats what I call great service .

the reel is Oracle 2511 035

MdgFishing

IPB Image

My Fishy Gallery

mdgfishing@hotmail.com

My Shimano super aero match 4000 started making a funny cliking noise on friday with the ratchet on (silent ratchet). Turned rachet off and sound stopped.

Friday night opened up reel but could not find anything wrong.

Then opened up my GTM4010, MRE3500 and Power aero 4000 as basically they are all the same.

By comparing them all I could find nothing wrong!

Then I noticed a tiny spring, the springs in the ok reels were fairly loose so I loosened the spring in the noisy reel.

Hey presto - it is now ok.

I have been taking reels apart for years.

I try to do it over a tray containing a piece of white paper, any bits that fall out are then caught and visible, I can also write notes.

I have always managed to put them back together.

Belive me there are some very small bits and bobs in todays reel!!!!!!!!!!!!

RUDD

Different floats for different folks!

Infomation arived from Shakespear Yesertday that was very quick indeed espicialy considering the time of year.

thanks to everyone and happy christmas one and all :)

MdgFishing

IPB Image

My Fishy Gallery

mdgfishing@hotmail.com