Social Workers at it again

Jim Roper

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

to actually reply to the original point made at the start of this varied debate, i would like all those people out there who find it in there hearts to pontificate over criminals and there rights to live in society, perhaps allow said criminals to live next door to them and then let bygones be bygones!

i,m sorry, but it seems the police are out there to get as many soft targets as possible, ie drivers!.

as a good example, me and the wife were out for a drive and passed the gwent county police headquarters, whom were organising a open charity fete that day.

as we took the turning down the main road, there were cars,who had obviously been parked up on the grass to go to the open day, and there were 4 traffic wardens slapping parking tickets on these cars.

now this might seem justified to some, but to me it is outrageous!!

just another police trap to raise funds for there coffers.( i could start another 500 words asking why a so-called state financed police force have to raise funds in the first place)

is there a better way, any suggestions??

This thread seems to be constantly changing direction so I'll put in my twopenneth.

As a Parent, as I'm sure many of you are, I thank God that we have, or had, a Home Secretary that has shown strength when it comes to the release of sadistic child killers, or should that be killer, since one died in prison. I refer to without naming names, a case which concered the finding of the childs body burried on MOORS, and the revealations surrounding it.

I for one can sleep a little sounder in my bed at night knowing that a monster like this is not free to roam the streets anywhere, let alone the U.K. despite the efforts of "do gooders" who maintaian that they are reformed and should be released the H.S. stuck to his guns and has not given in to this pressure.

I expect some of you will say that there are lots more, similar cases that have not received the same attention as this case, and I suppose I'm inclined to agree up to a point.

I think it all comes down to proper, realistic sentencing in the first place and then sticking to it and not releasing early if at all.

Was i right to put this thread on in the first place,, after all the criminal can sue for damages and liable nowadays, just look at recent compensations settlements,, as the saying goes, CRIME NEVER PAYS????? or does it.

Jangar

"La conclusión es que los insultos sólo perjudican cuando vienen de alguien que respeto". e5006689.gif

“Vescere bracis meis”

ofcourse crime pays ,do you think our improsoned "lord bow user " isnt using his free time to think of new book material ,also there was a women on tv the other morning plugging her book about her time in prison as a drug smuggler in an asian country ,crime does pay and it pays big time only sick people commit a crime for NO reason ,a bit like mr strang :P too much time and money is spent caring for loonies ,bring back the methods of care when " bedlam" (i think it was renamed but still exists ) was built ,bung all the loons in 1 big room ,they can bugger ,hack ,abuse ,mutilate ,self harm themselves into non existance ,infact televise it so we can all see justice taking effect

[ 30 June 2002, 08:41 PM: Message edited by: chesters1 ]

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

Jim Roper:

As a keen cyclist Leon has a chip on his shoulder about motorists.

er, I'm also a motorist (and according to my odometer do a surprising number of miles per year), I walk a lot, and I have a Glider Pilot's licence (though I suspect I'll need a couple of check flights before soloing again!)

Tight Lines - leon

RNLI Shoreline Member

Member of the Angling Trust

chesters i was refering to the legal side of things, is it wise to voice ones thoughts about a

"cured" criminal on an open forum for all and sundry to see??????.

It appears in todays society that the criminal has more rights than the law abiding citizen.

If you duff a thief up, who was in your house,car,garage or whatever you are in the wrong, not the thief, you will face a prison term, and pay the toerag compensation,.

On your other remarks 100% with you, an eye for an eye.

A tooth for a tooth

A life for a life

Jangar

"La conclusión es que los insultos sólo perjudican cuando vienen de alguien que respeto". e5006689.gif

“Vescere bracis meis”

Well here's a curious one to keep the conversation going (from the Times):

The Rev Michael Daggett, 54, was jailed for four months by Salford magistrates for keeping a loaded antique gun in a grandfather clock at The Church of the Holy Rood in Swinton, near Manchester. He said that it was for protection.

What do you make of that considering the topic of this thread? Wonder if he got the gun before or after Strang's release?

DMCA:

The Rev Michael Daggett, 54, was jailed for four months by Salford magistrates for keeping a loaded antique gun in a grandfather clock at The Church of the Holy Rood in Swinton, near Manchester. He said that it was for protection.

What do you make of that considering the topic of this thread? Wonder if he got the gun before

or after Strang's release?

Did'nt Al Cappone have one for the same reason

:D:D

DMCA:

What do you make of that considering the topic of this thread? Wonder if he got the gun before or after Strang's release?

He's an American priest who brought it with him from the USA and the gun (one of those little Derringer pistols) was hidden in a grandfather clock. Apparently the police found some boxes of ammunition whilst investigating another unspecified matter and asked if there was a gun to go with it. The priest foolishly said yes and showed it to them. Wonder what the odds are on the unspecified incident being a burglary!

DISCLAIMER: All opinions herein are fictitious. Any similarities to real

opinions, living or dead, are entirely coincidental.