How would you take this????

Davy Holt

Ok as the title says

senario:

An office team building night is arranged, it will be in your own time and you have to pay for it. You put your name down for it then change your mind, you then get the MD giving you a rolicking for being "petty" and says "That's you done it for yourself now" then walks away and refuses to explain the statment saying they are "too busy"

To me there is only one way.. my days are numbered in that job.. what do you all thing and any suggestions would be welcome

Davy

"Skate Anglers Have Bigger Tackle"

we had one at the UNI (some bright spark from aboves idea) besides an extremly boring lecture from a couple of yanks (if it works that good why arn`t they employed in their own country for higher wages :confused: ) one thing involved a ring of people with one in the middle who "fell" and was saved by the others who pushed them upright again ,unfortunatly i sidestepped as he aproached me :D and he fell on the ground ,i was asked why i had did it ,but the answer never trust anyone was taken to be "anti" group bonding .i said i dont work in a group and left ,bloody rubbish ,may work for weak willed yanks but not here :D ,maybe the reason i no longer work there as they couldnt fault my work :D:D

i dont think it could be used as an excuse to sack you but "other" made up reasons could ,if they want you out your on your way :mad:

[ 08 July 2002, 07:32 PM: Message edited by: chesters1 ]

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

I must say that as a Contractor I'm fortunate in being an outsider in the companies I work for and so don't get involved in this sort of thing. On the few occasions when people have tried to rope me into them however I take the opportunity to I remind them that they've forgotten the most important rule of management. That is that the staff work at the company because they need to not because they want to. They will of course deny this, but then ask them if they won the lottery jackpot would they stay in their present job? If they say yes then laugh at them and ask if they really think their staff feel the same, if they say no then thank them for proving your point!

DISCLAIMER: All opinions herein are fictitious. Any similarities to real

opinions, living or dead, are entirely coincidental.

Hiya,

I have no doubt now that she is going to be doing her best to get me to leave.. but I aint going to go quietly

I'm back in on Wed morning as I'm on holiday just now and have been since the incident last Thursday. It should be interesting as I'm wanting an apology and a written explanation to what she mean by the statement, failure to do that will take it to the next level... i.e. tribunial.

Davy

Davy

Don't rattle the chains yet, wait a while see what developes first. You may make a rod for your own back, if you demand things. Were there any witnesses to what she said about doing for yourself? Sit quietly, make notes of anything said, or any happenings out of the ordinary, try to make sure theres someone else about at the time, what you need is ammo for any tribunal you may have to resort to later. Try not to give them an easy way to remove you, and you'll stand a better chance in any future action. It might even be worth seaking legal advice even at this stage, many solicitors give advice free in the first instance.

Ask yourself what the job is worth to you.

Good luck.

i think the law is (correct me please ) that you need a couple of verbles and a written warning first :)

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

Nugg:

Davy

Don't rattle the chains yet, wait a while see what developes first. You may make a rod for your own back, if you demand things. Were there any witnesses to what she said about doing for yourself? Sit quietly, make notes of anything said, or any happenings out of the ordinary, try to make sure theres someone else about at the time, what you need is ammo for any tribunal you may have to resort to later. Try not to give them an easy way to remove you, and you'll stand a better chance in any future action. It might even be worth seaking legal advice even at this stage, many solicitors give advice free in the first instance.

Ask yourself what the job is worth to you.

Good luck.

Hiya Nugg,

Yup there was a witness with me, Linda my partner was also at the receving end of it, also quite a few others in the office heard what was said. So by taking us both into the office together she made it a personal attack and it was also totaly un professional. I'm not really expecting her to explain herself, but her refusal to do so will just give me some more ammo.

At the moment I am putting everything that happens and has happend in the past to paper for future refrence.

As for is the job worth it well yes it is I dont have much chance of getting another job, due to that fact that I dont have any qualifications to do the job I'm doing, just the experiance

Davy

Well that's all to the good then, don't forget to put every thing down. and as I said don't let your head rule your heart. As for future prospects I would say that maybe there was no damage to be done there then.

I'll ask you later how it's going, if you don't mind that is.

Nugg:

Well that's all to the good then, don't forget to put every thing down. and as I said don't let your head rule your heart. As for future prospects I would say that maybe there was no damage to be done there then.

I'll ask you later how it's going, if you don't mind that is.

Hiya Nugg,

No problem, like I said I'm back I on Wed morning

Linda on the other hand is now on the sick as a result of it.. long story but in short it has brought back bad memories and shot her nerves to bits.

Davy