Mission Impossible... Help Needed

Dave Hill

My daughter has lost her new mobile phone!! :(

She lost it whilst exercising her horse over fields. She knows she had the phone at the turnaround point and that the phone was lost on the way back, a distance of approximately 3 miles.

We have walked the course to no avail...

Given the amount of radiation given off by these things, apparent from the distortion caused to land line phones, VDU's etc. is there anything that might detect the radiation given off by the phone whilst ringing?

Two other points,

1. The phone has a fully charged battery and is still ringing out :)

2. My daughter switched it to 'Silent Mode' so it would not spook the horses :mad:

As the topic heading suggests, this may well be a lost cause...

DON'T KNOW IF THIS WILL HELP, BUT I'VE SEEN A GADGET THAT YOU KEEP IN YOUR POCKET THAT FLASHES AND VIBRATES WHEN YOUR MOBILE IS RINGING WHEN IT IS CLOSE, YOU COULD WALK ACROSS THE FIELD AND WHEN YOU GET CLOSE TO THE PHONE IT SHOULD START FLASHING??

GOOD LUCK,

MIKE

Dragonbat,

Thats brilliant :D:D

You've probably come up with the only really useful thing you can actually do with a mobile...

I think I'll be planting mine in the garden tonight and sending the kids out to collect my worms :D:D

The Anne Summers super jobbie that vibrates and twists is very good? plant a good 6" in the long grass and bingo your sorted. Then you go outside find your phone and collect the worms then off fishing for a couple of hours.

:D:D

Anglingforums Intersite Challenge Champions 2003 and 2004 http://www.anglingforums.co.uk

http://www.total-fishingclub.com

Dragonbat:

The Anne Summers super jobbie that vibrates and twists is very good? plant a good 6" in the long grass and bingo your sorted. Then you go outside find your phone and collect the worms then off fishing for a couple of hours.

Hmmm, I can just see it now... "No No, it's not for the wife, it's actually to catch worms with!". I think admitting that would be more embarassing than actually buying it for it's intended purpose!

DISCLAIMER: All opinions herein are fictitious. Any similarities to real

opinions, living or dead, are entirely coincidental.

Update,

I have arranged for a phone hunt this evening, 8:00pm (This might catch on you know )

I have had to organise it with the owners of the farm since they let the mother of all guard dogs patrol the estate at night and believe me you wouldn't want to meet him on a dark night

I will let you know how I get on...

Progress Report

We arrived at the venue for a planned 8.00pm start. The air was thick with anticipation... we could hardly wait to get started, but safety considerations forced us to delay. We detoured to the farmhouse, seeking permission to start our evening session in the safe knowledge that the farms 600lb sabre toothed man eating dog was safely chained and shackled to a 4 tonne JCB!!!

Finally we were ready to start... we decided to adopt a roving approach, starting at the roadside peg and gradually working our way to the upper limit of the farm.

Tackle was kept to a minimum, a single 6" nokia 3210, fully charged and loaded with a lithium battery. For bait, we used my daughters mobile number carefully mounted on the 3210.

After the first few attempts it became obvious that we would have to keep rebaiting the 3210 since the bait only remained effective for about 60 seconds at a time.

The initial results were disappointing, not a single bite! but we had only covered about 200 yards by now.

Bite detection was difficult... at the first major bend the swim swept gracefully towards the inside when we thought we had a bite!!! It turned out to be a false alarm, the moonlight playing cruel tricks reflecting its rays off shiny wet rocks that were just visible above the surface of the swim.

After about 30 minutes our spirits were a little subdued... we were approching the upper limit and we had nothing to show for our efforts other than a couple of false bites!!!

At the top, the venue opened out and was approximately 100ft wide. We rebaited the 3210 and tried again... we had a bite! Not a very positive bite, just a tiny glimmer in the distance.... We struck, we were in! Slowly we managed to get closer to the target... it was clearer now, we could tell it was good catch but the species was not clear? It felt like a Nokia but I couldn't really tell for sure... Slowly we could see the light glistening like a beacon, surrounded by worms that it had obviously coaxed from the ground using the little known 'Nokia Vibrating Worm Retrieval Technique'...

The excitment was now tangible... we were sure it was a Nokia. We didn't have a landing net with us and so had to land the catch by hand, in the dark... this is a technique that should not be attempted by the inexperienced! Finally we crowded around our catch, it was a 3310 and a PB at that, a truely quality Nokia that measured a full 5" from tip to tail and weighed about 2oz!!!

This is what Nokia fishing is all about....

Thanks for all your help... Mission accomplished :D