Best Thing You've Found When Fishing?

Elton

I've found all kinds of crap when fishing but nothing of any real significance. I think finding 1000s of 2lb+ roach in my local ressie was definitely up there. That was a religious fishing experience.

Finding, or catching ?! :o

Edited by TrevBoy

lots of lures, esp in summer when the lakes are low and clear, using polaroids.

As for the sex bit, have seen plenty of people out doing it, al fresco, and in a range of (sometime squeaky) vehicles. Only tried it once personally during the hot summer of '76 (well I was only 20)

I dropped a fox swinger arm into a small lake last summer, way down in Devon. I know exactly where, by the concrete buttress of the overflow sluice, goin' back there in a couple of weeks and am taking a big car rod holder, powerful magnetic thingamy-a-ma-bob...I will recover it!

Edited by Emma two
"Some people hear their inner voices with such clarity that they live by what they hear, such people go crazy, but they become legends"

Finding, or catching ?! :o

I should say, were catching, until 2008 and then the dam got drained for permanent maintenance. It has been filled since and the one good thing is, there's no sign of a jack-pike explosion yet (fingers crossed) but the perch, roach, rudd, brown trout situation is looking very healthy again, although I'd probably wait for it to regain itself again until I actually went on it with any real sense of purpose. I don't think it'll take too long. It's crystal clear with plenty of varying habitats and all manner of bugs, so it'll probably produce big again, if it isn't already doing so.

Edited by Andy Macfarlane

¤«Thʤ«PÔâ©H¤MëíTë®»¤

Click HERE for in-fighting, scrapping, name-calling, objectional and often explicit behaviour and cakes. Mind your tin-hat

Click HERE for Tench Fishing World forums

Playboy.jpg

LandaPikkoSig.jpg

"I envy not him that eats better meat than I do, nor him that is richer, or that wears better clothes than I do. I envy nobody but him, and him only, that catches more fish than I do"

...Izaac Walton...

"It looked a really nice swim betwixt weedbed and bank"

...Vagabond...

• 2 months later...
I should say, were catching, until 2008 and then the dam got drained for permanent maintenance. It has been filled since and the one good thing is, there's no sign of a jack-pike explosion yet (fingers crossed) but the perch, roach, rudd, brown trout situation is looking very healthy again, although I'd probably wait for it to regain itself again until I actually went on it with any real sense of purpose. I don't think it'll take too long. It's crystal clear with plenty of varying habitats and all manner of bugs, so it'll probably produce big again, if it isn't already doing so.

I've heard the neighbouring dam is producing Big roach and perch again.

(where's Andy_1984 when I want him?)

¤«Thʤ«PÔâ©H¤MëíTë®»¤

Click HERE for in-fighting, scrapping, name-calling, objectional and often explicit behaviour and cakes. Mind your tin-hat

Click HERE for Tench Fishing World forums

Playboy.jpg

LandaPikkoSig.jpg

"I envy not him that eats better meat than I do, nor him that is richer, or that wears better clothes than I do. I envy nobody but him, and him only, that catches more fish than I do"

...Izaac Walton...

"It looked a really nice swim betwixt weedbed and bank"

...Vagabond...

Only a few floats and disgorgers, on the flip side of this what is the worst thing you've ever left behind I left a float rod behind once leaning against a wall. Gutted!

www.prostate-cancer.org.uk Real Men Know About It