condescending bass letter

FWITS ALL angling organisation have lost touch with anglers.

Anglers Trust, not a year old at the time and money was the main problem, YES i did contibute, and YES i have dropped out, another empty promise organisation, IMHO.

The sooner angling bodies start to listen to anglers on the bank, on the boat, on the shore, on the rocks, then we MIGHT head forward instead of taking steps back.

And YES i am a member of the EA consultaion panel. Not sitting with them, but online consultaion list. Have been for a while, what have we/they achieved, cleaner rivers yes, more flood water barriers, more consultation with the government about this and that, but in real terms, sorry NOTHING at all to unite angling and to have a stronger word in the running of angling.

The SOONER angling becomes less POLITICAL, then the wheels might start to turn and ALL ANGLERS will have a voice in the running of our sport

One of the main gripes for me is the catch quota, and foreign nationals fishing within our waters.

PS

Been a sea ngler since the age of 10, 45 years at.

Hi Andrew I wonder if in fact sea anglers are just 'not interested in the politics', unlike the fresh water boys where good management is key, the opposite is true of sea angling and therein lays the problem. While I’m no fan of the AT political representation it is a lot like selling ice to Eskimos and that’s what the Trust are about as I see it.

Publication2_zpsthmtka6c.jpg

Hi Andrew I wonder if in fact sea anglers are just 'not interested in the politics', unlike the fresh water boys where good management is key, the opposite is true of sea angling and therein lays the problem. While I’m no fan of the AT political representation it is a lot like selling ice to Eskimos and that’s what the Trust are about as I see it.

Far from it, i joined a local " politically motivated " group to have venues opened up to the public, and we even offered to pay for any safety issues that may be needed.

We did come forard to some sea angling groups, but to no avail, all we got was the usual stuff, we think you are doing a great job, please keep us informed as to the outcome of your campaign.

What WE needed was a larger organisation to back our " demands " for the local sea anglers. I felt very let doen by the people that were got in touch with.

It takes two sides to get things going, not for one side to get things done and then the other side jump in when/if a success is gained to take some of the glory.

The trust, well thats the operative word, TRUST, which i dont have in any angling organisation, they have made sure of that, might be me being me, but for some reason i doubt it.

"La conclusión es que los insultos sólo perjudican cuando vienen de alguien que respeto". e5006689.gif

“Vescere bracis meis”