Acurate 60lb Scales

BUDGIE,

Remember the weight of a gallon of water is known to the 24 decimal.

DOH! of course Phone! didnt think of that allways plenty of water and a bucket when Im fishing! Thanks I will give it another go next season with the "known weight". :thumbs:

And thats my "non indicative opinion"!

BUDGIE,

Trust things like new packages of splitshot, lures and commercial bait. Keep the weight of a couple object you always have along in mind (pair of boots). Remember the weight of a gallon of water is known to the 24 decimal. The gym is a hassle.

Phone

yes phone but which gallon of water are you referring to The US Gallon or the imperial Gallon

i only ask because there is a difference between them i found this out 30 years ago when my mate bought a Chevy truck

with a fuel tank capacity of 20 gallons

when it was on empty he filled it it only took 16 gallons

when he asked the bloke he bought it from he explained that there was a difference between the us and UK gallon

cpranim.gif

15/06/12 PB Perch 3 lb 10 oz 03/03/11 Common Carp 23lb 6 oz 05/06/12 Sturgeon 7 lb 13 oz 06/06/12 Mirror Carp 21 lb 2 oz

09/03/13 PB PIKE 27 lb 9 ozARNO3010CustomImage1086535.gif

yes phone but which gallon of water are you referring to The US Gallon or the imperial Gallon

i only ask because there is a difference between them i found this out 30 years ago when my mate bought a Chevy truck

with a fuel tank capacity of 20 gallons

when it was on empty he filled it it only took 16 gallons

when he asked the bloke he bought it from he explained that there was a difference between the us and UK gallon

What you say is true peter (I learned this when refuelling at a USAF base) but Phones principle is the same ie I can use a set size of bucket filled with water to obtain an easily transportable "known weight"

And thats my "non indicative opinion"!

What you say is true peter (I learned this when refuelling at a USAF base) but Phones principle is the same ie I can use a set size of bucket filled with water to obtain an easily transportable "known weight"

or you could always carry a 1kg bag of shelf life boilies :D

cpranim.gif

15/06/12 PB Perch 3 lb 10 oz 03/03/11 Common Carp 23lb 6 oz 05/06/12 Sturgeon 7 lb 13 oz 06/06/12 Mirror Carp 21 lb 2 oz

Peter,

It pains me greatly that you don't memorize my posts.

Phone

:lol: only trying to make a point on the difference between the us and imperial gallon

so the our friends across the pond in the USA know that there is a slight difference in the aforementioned Gallon

after all we dont want some one thinking the have a massive catch when it turns out to be only a Huge Catch ;)

i wasn't inferring that your where in the wrong just pointing out the differences

Cheers Pete B)

cpranim.gif