Truck Envy

Newt

I like my truck. It does everything I need and does it well and I expect it will make an easy job of pulling my caravan the 500 miles I'll travel over the next couple of days.

ready-to-go-s.jpg

However, I envy my neighbor his truck. For pulling this style caravan, it doesn't get any better and it's also a great looking machine. :D He says he won't consider a trade. :(

neighbor-ready-to-go-s.jpg

truck-envy-2-s.jpg

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President

Hmmm that could make you feel sort of "inadequate" somehow :D

caravan.jpg

Let's agree to respect each others views, no matter how wrong yours may be.

Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity

http://www.safetypublishing.co.uk/
http://www.safetypublishing.ie/

Hmmm that could make you feel sort of "inadequate" somehow :D

caravan.jpg

Not as inadequate as this fella...

http://www.metro.co.uk/weird/861227-worlds...und-supermarket

"The most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the source of all true art and all science. He to whom this emotion is a stranger, who can no longer pause to wonder and stand rapt in awe, is as good as dead: his eyes are closed."

Oddly enough, no you don't except possibly in California. I have no idea why not either.

Rigs the size of ours would be wildly impractical in the UK I think. Even if you could safely move from place to place, most caravan places couldn't handle the length. Even here on some of the rural county roads I used to leave Florida, I had half my right side tires off the road so I could (barely) keep the rig on my side of the centre line.

Our roads range from Rural which are usually unmarked and not hard surfaced to County roads (maintained by the local county and are only as wide as required by law and may gravel or hard surfaced) to State roads which are a bit wider and have some sort of surfaced "shoulder" to US roads to Interstate highways. I try as much as possible to avoid Rural & County roads when I'm towing my caravan.

Even the numbering on the smaller roads can be interesting since the road number usually changes when you pass into another County or State. Where I worked was across the State line from Florida to Alabama. I left work on Alabama CR 33 and it changed to Florida CR 179A as soon as I crossed the (unmarked) State boundry line so finding your way around with a road map can get interesting. :D

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President