perch in cumbria

tommo42

tommo,

First - - - - WELCOME!

Notice I'm from America. I've visited London and South - South Central England fishing several times. I've always been told there are plenty of fish throughout the Lake District of Northwest England. It's just that the people who live up there are not clever enough to catch them. Is that right?

Phone

tommo,

First - - - - WELCOME!

Notice I'm from America. I've visited London and South - South Central England fishing several times. I've always been told there are plenty of fish throughout the Lake District of Northwest England. It's just that the people who live up there are not clever enough to catch them. Is that right?

Phone

Maybe you should visit and see if your clever enough

tommo,

First - - - - WELCOME!

Phone

Phone,

I bet there are lots of thing in them deep Lake District lakes and some of them may never been found. I should think we can arrange for you to have a look if you like. B):)

ps. Welcome Tommo. I should think a keen cumbrian perch angler will be along soon to help you out.

Edited by lutra

A tiger does not lose sleep over the opinion of sheep

I should think a keen cumbrian perch angler will be along soon to help you out.

Saying that i wouldn't be at all surprise if they didn't want to tell you where the best places are for the biggest fish of any kind are. They have often put much time and effort in to finding out what they know and enjoy the rewards of their hard work. Telling others may very well put an end to that, especially over the web.

Anyway half the fun is finding them yourself and i don't think you are ever that far from a nice perch or two in Cumbria.

A tiger does not lose sleep over the opinion of sheep

Saying that i wouldn't be at all surprise if they didn't want to tell you where the best places are for the biggest fish of any kind are. They have often put much time and effort in to finding out what they know and enjoy the rewards of their hard work. Telling others may very well put an end to that, especially over the web.

Anyway half the fun is finding them yourself and i don't think you are ever that far from a nice perch or two in Cumbria.

cheers lads, graeme

Telling others may very well put an end to that, especially over the web.

That's right, it only spoils things to be told just what water to target and exactly where to go on that water. Pick a lake (any lake) and get to know it, several of them are producing right now.

Where do you live?

"Some people hear their inner voices with such clarity that they live by what they hear, such people go crazy, but they become legends"

Both Derwent and Bassenthwaite are good for starters both contain good numbers of decent perch as does the river Derwent but you will have to wait for winter to get on there

"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical

minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which

holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd

by the clean end"

Cheers

Alan

Both Derwent and Bassenthwaite are good for starters both contain good numbers of decent perch as does the river Derwent but you will have to wait for winter to get on there

I live in whitehaven,heard that grasmere holds decent perch.