video leads

chesters1

my brain hurts....

my graphics card has no vga connector my monitor only has a vga connector.

at the moment i use a DVI-I to vga converter in the graphics card so i can plug a old vga lead in and its all works fine.

trouble is my pc case is deeper than the old one and sticks out to far.

i need to ditch the converter saving 2"

can i use this lead?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/3M-DVI-I-24-5-Pi...=item4d030793a0

now i have approached two sellers asking if the lead can be used "technically" backwards IE rather than a vga socketed graphics card to modern DVI-I monitor the opposite ,both say its unsuitable!

is there a crossover lead in the cable that only works one way or is the lead suitable?

either that a right angled DVI-I to vga coverter dooda :unsure:

or a female DVI-I converter i can plug into the VGA on the monitor and a new male x2 DVI-I cable

hmmm i have a gender changer so i can convert the connector and use a male to femle DVI-I cable

choices choices

Edited by chesters1

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

• 2 weeks later...

i will answer my own question you can use the lead backwards but you will have to twiddle the monitor settings to look right ,ofcourse as soon as i forked out for it i notice a right angled dongle

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

i will answer my own question you can use the lead backwards but you will have to twiddle the monitor settings to look right ,ofcourse as soon as i forked out for it i notice a right angled dongle ,i need a lead with less fixing its still an inch to long for the place the pc lives in so its little feet rest on a book