IDE Controller fault on Win 7 PC

Chris Goddard

I have under the Devices and printers a none functioning IDE controller which goes by the title of ACNNS9AB IDE Controller and seems to control the AS4HL54E IDE Controller?? Well it has a warning yellow triangle upon said item! Location is on the IO bus??? And I am told as I break down the fault that??

Windows cannot load the device driver for this hardware. The driver may be corrupted or missing. (Code 39)

And then it says do I want to try and find the correct driver (tried a net search and nothing about!!) OR would I like to CHANGE settings (Preceded by the shield of doom as I call it!!

Anyone please?? I DO have several drives fitted PLUS an external one! BUT all SEEMS to work and the only problem I get is same as all the Printers I setup about 16 so far on this PC but I only actually run 6 or 7 So HP4400,HP 53230 and 5280PCL5 and HP 1100D and fine-print and fax and I still have drivers for a Epson 2100 which I swapped for the 5280 as they are both A3 printers.

Chris Goddard

It is to be observed that 'angling' is the name given to fishing by people who can't fish.

If GOD had NOT meant us to go fishing, WHY did he give us arms then??

(If you can't help out someone in need then don't bother my old Dad always said! My grandma put it a LITTLE more, well different! It's like peeing yourself in a black pair of pants she said! It gives you a LOVELY warm feeling but no-one really notices!))

if its a pre made PC i would pop of to the makers website for the drivers ,if its a DELL then you need to install the drivers in a particular order ,if you can ID the mobo i would pop of to that site for their general drivers

windows looking is rarely any good i generally have to lead it to the driver or run it without windows "found new hardware" crap if it doesnt know what it is how can it find it :D

occasionally though right clicking on the offending thing and uninstalling it and rebooting fixes it

Edited by chesters1

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

Chris if you can go back in to the device manager and right click the ide controller and select properties.

once in properties click on the details tab and hopefuly you should have a drop down menu with "device instance id" selected already.

bellow that you will see a lot of this:

PCI\VEN_10EC&DEV_8136&SUBSYS_2A57103C&REV_01\4&293AFFCC&0&00E0

could you let us know what you have for the ide where i have highlighted red above.

also i sent you an email a while ago buddy did you have a chance to get a look at it ?

Owner of Tacklesack.co.uk

Moderator at The-Pikers-Pit.co.uk

if its under devices and printers then its attached to something you plug in:

do you have, for instance, and all in one printer? or a printer that has a card reader gadget in it etc? this could very well be seen a drive and need the printer software installed again.

Edited by kirisute

Sorry guys this is HOW bad I am JUST got back to this. I replied to you Andy and the ONLY thing I can find pre-fixed as "Device instant id is instead of id it substitutes path?? and the red bit is PNPAD00 which is plug and play??

HA!!! Found the little SH!T!! It was an OLD now no longer used HP B1110 Printer which I still have if it is of any use to anyone? The cartridges cost MORE to replace than the printer!!! And you do NOT get new chips on new cartridges either!! You have to remove them and stick them on the old cartridges which is OK if the old cartridges are NOT trial ones!! THEY are no good! So it cost me 99p and is still languishing! Meantime I bought a BRAND new Canon MP250 and NEW Canon Cartridges from someone on ebay who bought the wrong ones and 3 filling kits for 99p plus £2 post to FRANCE and a CISS ink system for £23 from HK and I am now almost printing for NOTHING!!! In fact to replace the two cartridges from Canon would have cost me over 330 so I really am printing for nowt I suppose! Thanks people!! I simply however disabled the drivers as I HAVE removed every last vestige of the HP drivers and STILL the Barsteward is playing silly buggers!!!

Edited by Chris Goddard

Chris Goddard

It is to be observed that 'angling' is the name given to fishing by people who can't fish.

If GOD had NOT meant us to go fishing, WHY did he give us arms then??

(If you can't help out someone in need then don't bother my old Dad always said! My grandma put it a LITTLE more, well different! It's like peeing yourself in a black pair of pants she said! It gives you a LOVELY warm feeling but no-one really notices!))