Korda England Carp team's dismay at the World Carp Angling Championships bait scandal

Anglers' Net

Dear Gentelmmans

The Corbu lakes is not an easy place to fishing and it has his secrets. This year the secret there was not the bait, like you show in your article, but the way to sellect the carps. Every team catched more small fish (<1,5 kg) then the valid one and the winner knews how to sellect better the carps.

If the English theam succeaded to get fish that means that their bait was ok, and I am surre that they get huderts of fish, unfortunatelly < 1,5kg.

sicerlly yours,

Angling Trust news release

Click here to view the full article

Hello there.. That is really quite a funny article and comments too. Corbu Lake has 450 ha and 80-120 tones of carp. Do you realy think that over 5 month somebody could thow tones of boilies into the wather??? Maybe the problem is in your garden. Please take a look at the vice-champions, the bulgarian team, they fished 3 or 4 times at the lake before the WC, I remember that the English team didn't make any practice before the Wc, just a short visit of Mr. Mark Barlett on the last contest in August at Corbu. Probably its more simple to blame somebody and hard to admit your mistakes and give some plausible explanations to Team sponsor.

Forget to mention that one of England's team ended on 41 from 60 on A1 peg, the peg that won the lake on the second stage of the internal Qualification Championship.

BR

Do you realy think that over 5 month somebody could thow tones of boilies into the wather???

In 2004 to get ready for an event I was hosting, I used a boat and by myself, dumped 200 pounds of various grains (maize, millet, etc.) into a section of the lake we were going to fish. I did this every day for the 5 days preceding the event so we could be sure of having a decent number of carp in the area.

So yes, I absolutely believe a group could dump tons of bait into a lake over 5 months.

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President

This should be required reading for anyone who wants to understand bait and baiting!

I guess their expensive branded boilies weren't much use there. No mention of what they were using. Why is that? :D

And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music