Clyde Coastguard

seafoods

Not to mention; Tarbert Loch Fyne; Tarbert, Isle of Harris; or was that Tarbert Loch Lomond. (Loch Lomond has it's own non-RNLI Rescue Vessel)

Once they get their new mapping system up and running it will be fine - it must be true Mike Penning said it. He also said no stations would close until the new MOC (call centre) is up and running, and robustly tested - lying prick, Forth is closed, Clyde is closing and the call centre won't open for two years, never mind, only Jocks, they don't vote Tory anyway.

Once they get their new mapping system up and running it will be fine - it must be true Mike Penning said it. He also said no stations would close until the new MOC (call centre) is up and running, and robustly tested - lying prick, Forth is closed, Clyde is closing and the call centre won't open for two years, never mind, only Jocks, they don't vote Tory anyway.

Penning did indeed say there would be no stations closed until the new system is up running and fully tested. Not only did I get that in response to a written question but he also told the all-party select transport committee the same thing. Is this what we now see termed as a ‘New Approach’ which in truth is nothing short of a policy change? What would be good is to know why either the government or the MCA have allowed the changes to take place, one thing is for sure and that is it has nothing to your being Jocks that don’t vote Tory. :rolleyes:

Publication2_zpsthmtka6c.jpg

Penning did indeed say there would be no stations closed until the new system is up running and fully tested. Not only did I get that in response to a written question but he also told the all-party select transport committee the same thing. Is this what we now see termed as a ‘New Approach’ which in truth is nothing short of a policy change? What would be good is to know why either the government or the MCA have allowed the changes to take place, one thing is for sure and that is it has nothing to your being Jocks that don’t vote Tory. :rolleyes:

For once I agree with you Bob, it's to do with them being lying untrustworthy swine. Forth had to close before the planned closure date because so many staff left it was impossible to continue to man it properly. All stations are short staffed because people want no part of what they see as dangerous madness - they don't want to be responsible for people dying, which will happen. A watch manager with 23 years experience left Liverpool MRCC about 10 days ago to go to a job with more in the way of prospects, all staff are looking for jobs, morale is shockingly low.

For once I agree with you Bob, it's to do with them being lying untrustworthy swine. Forth had to close before the planned closure date because so many staff left it was impossible to continue to man it properly. All stations are short staffed because people want no part of what they see as dangerous madness - they don't want to be responsible for people dying, which will happen. A watch manager with 23 years experience left Liverpool MRCC about 10 days ago to go to a job with more in the way of prospects, all staff are looking for jobs, morale is shockingly low.
but why is it that mike penning has'nt been taken to task by governament?. he obviously lied to them as well as to coastguard reps and the public.

but why is it that mike penning has'nt been taken to task by governament?. he obviously lied to them as well as to coastguard reps and the public.

He's been shifted out of the DfT now, some other idiot has to deal with it - strange how his original boss Hammond got promoted, his next boss Greening got demoted and he got shifted sideways, MP's from other parties seem to accept it without kicking up merry hell, good job not everybody is like them.

• 2 weeks later...
Hello seafoods

So much for local knowledge, over the years I've listened on the VHF to a few cock up's by Thames coast guard, it happens.

I haven't heard that Thames coast guard is to be closed , last I heard was that Yarmouth was to go and Thames would cover south and Humber to the north of Yarmouth.

You may have seen some of the press today about the latest TSC report into this madness, one of which has been posted on this thread. Thought I would bung this one up for you as it confirms Walton will close. http://www.eadt.co.uk/news/updated_mps_say...fused_1_1738014

As of 20.00 hrs tonight responsibility for the area currently handled by Clyde MRCC will transfer to Belfast MRCC.

The station at Clyde will not completely shut until late December but staff will not do any SAR work, Belfast will handle it all.

It is advisable that anyone who needs to contact them in an emergency situation gives a clear, concise and accurate discription of where they are because the watchkeepers at Belfast will not hold the detailed local knowledge of the area that those at Clyde do.

Those who won't be in that area could offer a prayer for those who might because they'll need all the help they can get.

http://www.clactonandfrintongazette.co.uk/...given_lifeline/

As of 20.00 hrs tonight responsibility for the area currently handled by Clyde MRCC will transfer to Belfast MRCC.

The station at Clyde will not completely shut until late December but staff will not do any SAR work, Belfast will handle it all.

It is advisable that anyone who needs to contact them in an emergency situation gives a clear, concise and accurate discription of where they are because the watchkeepers at Belfast will not hold the detailed local knowledge of the area that those at Clyde do.

Those who won't be in that area could offer a prayer for those who might because they'll need all the help they can get.

http://forargyll.com/2012/12/campaigners-s...et-to-continue/