Scam!

Apache

I went out for an indian with my father yesterday night to a very nice restaurant near me, with very nice food. However, we noticed a scam going on.

As in most indian restaurants they ask you if you want popadoms, so of course we said yes, and they brought some popadoms out - with some dips. They had never asked us if they wanted some dips with them, you just automatically assume they come with them.

Looking at the bill afterwards they charged us £2.40 for the popadoms and £6.90 for the dips. What a rip off!

Unbeleivable! :mad: :mad:

Tight Lines,

Matt AKA "The Kid!"

FishingPosts

Getting more and more common for that. Try going to Subway for a sandwich. Two meatball subs, two bags of crisps and two drinks nearly 19 pounds. Theres your ripoff. Must cost more to bake bread over here. The trick is to leave the deal price the same. Only 99 cents isn't the same as 99 pence. :D

Jeff

Piscator non solum piscatur.

Yellow Prowler13

2274389822_1033c38a0e_s.jpg

Ask me at 75...

A load of the lads from work went on a night out.

We booked a meal at an Indian restaurant. 12 of us arrived (sober) and enjoyed a good feed with good banter.

When we received the bill we found we had been charged for 2 bottles of wine which none of us had drunk-we had all been on beer.

This was pointed out to the manager who realising we were not all wrecked apologised and amended the bill.

I've heard of this scam happening regularly.

Needless to say we have never visited the restaurant since, thieving gits!!!

£6.90 is a bit over the top for the pickle tray. I wouldn't pay that for pickles, even if I did want to order them.

Yes, I have heard that drink scam a couple times before. In contrast I remember four of once going to a good curry house which was becoming very popular very fast. They simply could not cope with the huge numbers of customers that night.

We got served and had a great meal, but try as we might, we could not get anyone to bring us the bill. After 20 mins of trying, we just got up and left without paying a penny.

[ 31. January 2004, 02:59 PM: Message edited by: Lid ]