CHEAP BAIT AT POUNDLAND

Janet

Browsing round my local Poundland store at lunchtime, looking for their bags of pork scratchings (very good value and just right for nibbling in between phone calls!) I decided to have a look at their fishing section, as I'd been told that they had some cheap bait boxes for (wait for it....) £1.00......

On the bottom shelf, I found bags and bags of bait that had just arrived, and were being eagerly snapped up by a couple of local anglers. You could tell before you got there that they were anglers - they just had that funny sort of look about them! As befits a woman what fishes, I spent several minutes in deep and meaningful conversation with them before dashing back to work as I was late back from lunch!

Needless to say, I couldn't resist a bargain, so I've bought a few bags. The question is, is it any good?

Strawberry fish lure pellets, Hi-Betaine fishmeal pellets and fishmeal groundbait, all produced by a company called Copdock Mill Baits, based in Ipswich. Have any of you used this before?

Janet

If you search the forum, you'll see that I buy quite a lot of stuff from Copdock Mill :)

I also mentioned them here:

http://www.anglersnet.co.uk/Carp-Fishing-A...rticle_mix.html

Anglers' Net Shopping Partners - Please Support Your Forum

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

CLICK HERE for Go Outdoors. HUGE discounts!

FOLLOW ANGLERS' NET ON TWITTER- CLICK HERE - @anglersnet

PLEASE 'LIKE' US ON FACEBOOK - CLICK HERE

Sorry guys! I really ought to have known that the search facility would turn something up! Is there nothing that hasn't been discussed on AN?

Many thanks for that link Elton. Most interesting! I've heard people mention using particle mix, and buying animal and bird feed in bulk, but didn't have a clue how to go about using or preparing it. I'm doing a lot more fishing now that I have someone to go with, and as I'm on a strictly limited budget, anything that helps to keep the cost down is welcome!

Janet

Sorry guys! I really ought to have known that the search facility would turn something up! Is there nothing that hasn't been discussed on AN?

Many thanks for that link Elton. Most interesting! I've heard people mention using particle mix, and buying animal and bird feed in bulk, but didn't have a clue how to go about using or preparing it. I'm doing a lot more fishing now that I have someone to go with, and as I'm on a strictly limited budget, anything that helps to keep the cost down is welcome!

Janet

janet i have used both the ground bait and the pellets spent £3+ £1 on the bait needle /disgorger pack

they work well for tench /carp/ roach and bream so well i went back and bought another £10s worth.

like my sig says

cpranim.gif

15/06/12 PB Perch 3 lb 10 oz 03/03/11 Common Carp 23lb 6 oz 05/06/12 Sturgeon 7 lb 13 oz 06/06/12 Mirror Carp 21 lb 2 oz

09/03/13 PB PIKE 27 lb 9 ozARNO3010CustomImage1086535.gif