Big Perch

Chris Playle

Holy Mackerel thats a big perch! Biggest one I have ever caught is about 0.5 pound out of the canal!

Im pretty sure monsters like that are not in our canals? Are they? I may just be turned onto perch fishing if they are!

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

quote:

Originally posted by Chris Playle:

the only way to find out how much it weighed is to get out there and try and catch it again or even better it. I've got some more methods to try and, hopefully, a photo (and correct weight) will be forthcoming.

Tight Lines.

Chris.

Yup, accurate weighing is always good ! In my experience and opinion, there's very little, fishing-wise, that's less accurate than the guesstimated weight of a perch. I don't know why people do it ... why not just weigh it?! .. yup, I know there are sometimes good reasons why not ...

DG

quote:

Originally posted by Fred Guttfield:

DG, Is that photo from Book of the Perch?

Nope. It's very distinctive (I like to think) and I've used it under my nom de pêche in a couple of my previous amateur articles for Club Magazines, on the 'Net etc., and postings on other threads elsewhere in the distant past. Posted Image

As you've very obviously got an excellent memory, maybe you can place this more recent pic of mine?

_______ Posted Image

DG

[ 08. May 2004, 12:33 PM: Message edited by: The Diamond Geezer ]

quote:

No.... Must scan in my big perch piccies as they were from my pre-digital days!

Fred

Good plan; love to see a couple of your mega-perch on here. That's what I've had to do i.e. scan-in my non-digipix.

Elton runs a separate facility for Members to display pix of their captures, but let's see a couple of yours on here, please? Maybe one from a Thames Weir

Dick Walker was right, wasn't he?! Whatever its size, even the smaller ones, the proud perch always looks to be a BIG FISH. I like the way (and I treat perch especially gently) when you slip them carefully back into the water, they sometimes turn around to face you, dorsal fin erect, as if to say "OK, you won Round 1 .. wannah another fight?" :D

________________ Posted Image

Tight Lines

DG

[ 09. May 2004, 10:46 AM: Message edited by: The Diamond Geezer ]

quote:

.... Currently .... designing a 40-storey tower for the City of London!

:confused: Is that wise?! :D

Might be cheaper to get a better rod and reel and some braid, if you're having probs casting across the Thames :rolleyes:

DG

[ 09. May 2004, 04:30 PM: Message edited by: The Diamond Geezer ]

• 2 months later...