HEXIDECIMAL's - Help needed....

Hi Guys,

I need pointing in the right direction here.... You know when you hold down the ALT key and then type 3 numerics you get different characters? Well, I'm looking for umlottes (or whatever they're called)

Basically I want an O and a U with 2 dots above 'em... :D

Anyone know where I might find them or does anyone have a link to a site that lists all the Hex characters....?

Cheers boys

Simon

Simon - just be sure you have charmap set for the typeface you are using. Many of the symbols are the same for all character sets but some aren't. It may give something useful in ariel but not in Times New Roman for instance.

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President

Simon.

Why bother? Most Germans speak better English than our ethnics anyway!!

I`ve had very little trouble conversing with Germans, even though my deutsch is only second year? If I walk 200yds from my house, my so called British neighbours don`t have 2 words of English between them!!

Cue Chesters!!

We don`t use J`s anymore!!

Cheers Newt....

Spasor,

I actually needed them for my girlfriend, she deals with a lot of Germans in her line of work (something to do with being an SS officer I think!!!!) even though they all speak very good English I think she wanted to show off a little :D

Simon

Guest Ferret1959
Simon Newbould:

Cheers Newt....

Spasor,

(something to do with being an SS officer I think!!!!)

Simon

Is that the Secret Service?

Simon!

The HEX values you want are 99 (ascii 153)for the o with 2 dots and 9A (ascii 154)for the u with 2 dots. These are for CAPITALS, deduct decimal 6 from each figure for lower case.

It's on page D2 of the City & Guilds Networks module documentation (Module 227).

Jim Roper

[ 24 May 2002, 03:23 PM: Message edited by: Jim Roper ]

https://www.harbourbridgelakes.com/

Pisces mortui solum cum flumine natant

You get more bites on Anglers Net