1st day of the new season

Norfolkdan

Peter Waller:

I took six hours to catch five like that!! A friend had a near twenty though!! (Argyll, it was Vidar).

It turns out that the near twenty was a mirror carp, on a plug!!! Eat your hearts out you boilie boys!!!

I had a good night, caught 16 Chub, biggest just over 4lbs, four Perch, biggest getting on for a pound, two Roach, two Dace, and a bloody big eel - 3lbs 4oz - from a river about 4m wide...

nice to be back on flowing water though :)

See how busy the Ribble is tomorrow...

"I like to keep a bottle of stimulant handy in case I see a snake, which I also keep handy."

- WC Fields

mr. bean:

mr. bean:

I've got plans to try to find barbel this Summer.

i am i but seeing the big chub got the better of me. :D
I need to renew my club card, that gets me access to the river further downstream where there's more of it. And some cracking tench waters too, which might distract me from barbel hunting :)

Well I am manageing to get out, late night tonight (I have football training 'til 7.30pm :( ) Loddon, tomorrow the Wey not sure about Sunday decided to take my Dad out for Fathers day so probably a small local lake so he can catch a few. Next week a very cunningly course booked in Bristol So a few sessions on the Avon whilst I'm down that way :D

lyn

One life, live it, love it, fish it!

• 4 weeks later...

awaaar:

I had a good night, caught 16 Chub, biggest just over 4lbs, four Perch, biggest getting on for a pound, two Roach, two Dace, and a bloody big eel - 3lbs 4oz - from a river about 4m wide...

nice to be back on flowing water though :)

See how busy the Ribble is tomorrow...

would that be the river lostock