Royalty fishery - bookable beats

Mat Hillman

Has anyone fished the bookable beats of the royalty recently - The Parlour Pool or Top weir compound?

I've always wanted to fish the Royalty, but never got around to it, something I was thinking of putting right this summer :)

If I'm booking a few days in a B&B in Christchurch am I better off with a general day ticket each day, or should I treat myself to booking a day on one of these beats ???

Mat

Edited by Mat Hillman

Mat

Mat,

The parlour pool is a poor shadow of what it used to be and now seems to trade on former glory to be called a premium pool . The top weir/ compound is very much worth the money as there is so much more water to go at. You'll need to check availability for your given dates with Davis tackle first though. If its all booked up then go for a day ticket and chance your arm

• 1 month later...

Every year for many many years with mates we had long weekends at the royalty. B & B and some bait in Davies tackle or brought are own and off we went. I loved the big weir for barbel and monster chub. A mate used to go down to the iron bridge where he caught some cracking Pike.

The small weir was always a hit or miss but a mate had a 28lb Pike from there which even shocked the many regulars. But we had quite a few blanks too. It seemed a very moody river it was either fish of all sorts one weekent then nothing the next and it was not due to the colour of the water it just seemed that way

I must get down there it was 20 years back.

The Throop was always great for preds close by :)

There is not one thing different between ideology and religeon

My brother and I have booked the Compound weir section for a 24hr session in July, we may have a day on the main river, but as we can buy a ticket for that on the day will decide at the time.

Really looking forward to it, although big weirpools and powerful rivers are a bit out of my comfort zone, we don't have that much moving water here in essex!

Mat

Mat