Bad Service ... Floats Direct (again)

Mick

Jeff S:

I'm still waiting for that DVD recorder that I had to reorder 3 days before Christmas because the first company failed to inform me three weeks prior to Christmas that it was no longer stocked. Went with a different company and a slightly more expensive model. Still waiting. :mad:

Who did you order from Jeff?

Two weeks before Christmas, I ordered a dvd player and AV receiver from one supplier and a new speaker set from another - both arrived within 48 hours

"To be sure of hitting the target, shoot first, and call whatever you hit the target."

I've just had a newsletter from "Floats Direct" and I can assure you that the impression that "Roger" gives is a far different picture than that which is borne out by you!? But, I have to say I know who I believe!!

Suffice to say I will not now be placing any orders to floats direct myself!! The initial order would possibly have been in the order of £50 or so. But I am buying to re-sell so the overall effect of this publicity means there will be no orders at all!!

I will be honest and say that I have got it wrong myself on numerous occasions and others have done it for me!!(Stand up Royal Mail!!) BUT I will always apologise and indeed compensate my customers if and when I do get it wrong!!

On another note, could I direct you all to another thread about floats which I have just started!!

Chris

Chris Goddard

It is to be observed that 'angling' is the name given to fishing by people who can't fish.

If GOD had NOT meant us to go fishing, WHY did he give us arms then??

(If you can't help out someone in need then don't bother my old Dad always said! My grandma put it a LITTLE more, well different! It's like peeing yourself in a black pair of pants she said! It gives you a LOVELY warm feeling but no-one really notices!))

Couple of points, just to balance things out:

1. Royal Mail are currently quoting 15 working days before they will investigate a parcel as 'missing'. That includes Recorded Delivery, as I have found out to my cost :(

2. I don't know this company personally, but have run a mail order giftware company for many years. Yes, the situations above do not sound good, but could very well be two unfortunate instances among thousands of successful transactions.

Tight lines,

Elton

Anglers' Net Shopping Partners - Please Support Your Forum

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

CLICK HERE for Go Outdoors. HUGE discounts!

FOLLOW ANGLERS' NET ON TWITTER- CLICK HERE - @anglersnet

PLEASE 'LIKE' US ON FACEBOOK - CLICK HERE

Elton:

Couple of points, just to balance things out:

1. Royal Mail are currently quoting 15 working days before they will investigate a parcel as 'missing'. That includes Recorded Delivery, as I have found out to my cost :(

2. I don't know this company personally, but have run a mail order giftware company for many years. Yes, the situations above do not sound good, but could very well be two unfortunate instances among thousands of successful transactions.

Fair comment Elton .... and I can understand a delay in the mail and yes, this may be an unfortunate incident amongst loads of happy transactions. But to ignore all requests for information regarding the status of an order except in one instance where a flippant one (more like half) liner is the only comment hardly instills confidence in any supplier. Obviously the customer is not deemed that important to warrant an informative reply. There are many great online traders out there that are the epitomy of honesty and decency ... but then there are those that just say sod it.

Mick:

I can't understand how they can mess things up.

I have sent about 70 disgorgers from Holland to the UK, recieved the cheques and cashed them.

Not one complaint nor one bouncing cheque.

I suppose that they are big time where as I am mainly dealing with mates from here or mates of mates.

I hope it all gets sorted and that there is a simple reason for the mistakes.

Cheers

Alan(nl)

ANMC Founder Member. . www.the-lounge.org.uk/valley/

jabee:

jabee:

I'm still waiting for that DVD recorder that I had to reorder 3 days before Christmas because the first company failed to inform me three weeks prior to Christmas that it was no longer stocked. Went with a different company and a slightly more expensive model. Still waiting. :mad:

Who did you order from Jeff?

Two weeks before Christmas, I ordered a dvd player and AV receiver from one supplier and a new speaker set from another - both arrived within 48 hours

The original company that I tried to order from was Empire Direct. This model. I've sent this new company two emails so far because they do not answer any phones. I have received the same answer each time.

"The item you order is out of stock. ETA is not yet available for this item.

Unlike Floats direct.. at least they answer queries. :rolleyes:

Jeff

Piscator non solum piscatur.

Yellow Prowler13

2274389822_1033c38a0e_s.jpg

Ask me at 75...