Trace lines

Scott1970

Where are you getting a minimum of 25lb for snoods and 50lb for trace bodies from?

I take it you have not done any light estury or tidal river fishing for the likes of Flounders or Dabs with 1 or 2oz flat leads and lightweight rigs?

I also know of matchmen who use 8lb main (with a proper leader strength in relation to lead used) line when distance casting for flat fish at places like Sizewell in Suffolk.

They win alot of matches.

Some anglers also use light line rottom bottoms of 5 or 6lb using a special clip when fishing rough ground incase lead gets snagged.

Can also be used to tie a stop knot to stop sequins riding up a snood - the sequin is there to prevent worm baits or soft baits being blown up the snood during the cast and impact with the sea.

Maybe you do not use such a light line but others do as it does have its uses in sea angling.

Errrr, no, Ive never done any estuary fishing. To be honest, if I wanted a shed load of dabs and flounder(which is all we tend to get in the Ribble and Wyre estuaries I'd still fish the Fylde coast because I would catch the there too. Fylde coast is 99% clean ground so no need for rotten bottoms, stop knots, use them on all my rigs always 15lb.

I can see where you're coming from Rudd, in all honesty Ive answered this post from my piont of view to fit the Fylde coast. I suppose different parts of the Country different tactics can be used. I just did'nt want the lad using 8lb line as a snood and losing a good fish because of weak line.

Just one big fish, PLEASE!!!!!!

Errrr, no, Ive never done any estuary fishing. To be honest, if I wanted a shed load of dabs and flounder(which is all we tend to get in the Ribble and Wyre estuaries I'd still fish the Fylde coast because I would catch the there too. Fylde coast is 99% clean ground so no need for rotten bottoms, stop knots, use them on all my rigs always 15lb.

I can see where you're coming from Rudd, in all honesty Ive answered this post from my piont of view to fit the Fylde coast. I suppose different parts of the Country different tactics can be used. I just did'nt want the lad using 8lb line as a snood and losing a good fish because of weak line.

No worries - wish there were still plenty of Flounders left in the Orwell, Stour and Deben to target but like many other places the fishing is now poor due to a decline in the species - many blame commercial pott men for using them as bait.

RUDD

Different floats for different folks!

No worries - wish there were still plenty of Flounders left in the Orwell, Stour and Deben to target but like many other places the fishing is now poor due to a decline in the species - many blame commercial pott men for using them as bait.

BU**ER :(:(:(

Just one big fish, PLEASE!!!!!!