Code of Conduct

Andrew

We seem to be debating the American television now chaps, :confused: :confused:

"La conclusión es que los insultos sólo perjudican cuando vienen de alguien que respeto". e5006689.gif

“Vescere bracis meis”

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Several Internet site rating systems exist. AN (i.e. Elton I guess) could decide to match one of the rating levels within one of these systems and follow it. I think they are fairly clear cut once you understand how each category works. Of course this option may have already been considered in the past and rejected for good reasons.

I did a quick search and this is the sort of questionnaire used to rate an unrated site.

[ 18. February 2004, 10:17 PM: Message edited by: Lid ]

Hi all

the bear stuff didnt bother me but as for a warning it was plain enough in brackets and as id seen this pic before(snopes.com)etc i wasnt offended by it being posted but maybe rundown of content and a link would have been better(maybe)but like i said that sort of thing doesnt bother me but i can see why others might not like it but at the end of the day its that persons choice whether they click on it(read it etc etc).

steve come back (lets organise a mob to find him and bring him back) :):):)

billy

jangar:

We seem to be debating the American television now chaps,     :confused:        :confused:  

Re-read my first post. It still comes down to what is morally acceptable. What I find objective in nature you may not and that goes both ways. Television was just an example. Tis why we are in this dilemna.

On a different note, am I correct in assuming the moderators give their own free time to police this forum and others? It has got to be a huge undertaking given a site like this. Been there and done that the only difference here is instead of an a$$ kicking you get a tongue lashing.

Another option could be a three strike rule. Add it in as an agreement when you become a member. Then you would need someone to keep track. Mindboggling isn't it?

[ 18. February 2004, 11:07 PM: Message edited by: Jeff S ]

Jeff

Piscator non solum piscatur.

Yellow Prowler13

2274389822_1033c38a0e_s.jpg

Ask me at 75...

Jeff S - yup. Mods do it for free.

Generally AN is not hard to moderate though. We have the occasional thing like the post that started most of this discussion and from what I read, it seems like there is no really clear cut answer on this one. I didn't see a real problem so left the bear thread alone. Gaffer did see a problem and made it go away. There have been others in the past that went the other way but I think that with the current crop of mods, we'll probably vanish anything that is too out of line.

I occasionally visit another angling site (not UK) that has lots of very strict posting rules. I don't visit very often though and at least in large part because the site owner comes across as a real control freak - from all those pesky rules.

One thing I would suggest is that when you see a post that bothers you, do click on the 'report' button and send all mods + elton an email stating exactly why it bothers you. At least the thread will get a good look in a hurry that way. We may not do what you want but at least there will be 3 or 4 folks looking closely at it.

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President

I stand corrected Jeff

"La conclusión es que los insultos sólo perjudican cuando vienen de alguien que respeto". e5006689.gif

“Vescere bracis meis”

Jangar, I wasn't having a go at you. Let me clarify. It's only that a code of conduct is nothing but an agreement. I can tell you after three years of dealing with people in a controlled environment a code of conduct will not work. Not by the majority of people here on AN but still violated. We called them core values. What a load of c**p. Integrity that was the first to go. You can take people at their word but only trust them so far as you can throw them. Action speaks louder than words.

Jeff

Piscator non solum piscatur.

Yellow Prowler13

2274389822_1033c38a0e_s.jpg

Ask me at 75...

It was not taken as a go at me Jeff.

It would appear that a code of conduct will not work, but one thing, we all agree to the TERMS AND CONDITIONS when we register, no abuse,racist remarks etc etc, so i think we agree to agree that it would not work !!!!!

However can i suggest that if we ever get another topic with a WARNING on the header, people should think twice about reading it.

But then again what do warnings mean, mmmmmmm think i'll have a like at this !!!!!!! human nature to be nosy.

This is in no way a go at any member/s

No offence taken Jeff

[ 19. February 2004, 07:40 PM: Message edited by: jangar ]

“Vescere bracis meis”

If some mods are worried about the youngsters reading these posts, how come the cannabis thread is still running?

[ 20. February 2004, 04:12 AM: Message edited by: Jim Roper ]

https://www.harbourbridgelakes.com/

Pisces mortui solum cum flumine natant

You get more bites on Anglers Net

Gosh, I've even heard that they discuss such things in the House Of Commons, Jim - even those that don't approve :P

Anglers' Net Shopping Partners - Please Support Your Forum

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

CLICK HERE for Go Outdoors. HUGE discounts!

FOLLOW ANGLERS' NET ON TWITTER- CLICK HERE - @anglersnet

PLEASE 'LIKE' US ON FACEBOOK - CLICK HERE