Massive chub sighted

Snatcher

Was down south on holiday last week and spent a day at Warwick Castle. Glanced over the footbridge into the river There was a shoal of massive chub under the bridge taking titbits off the daytrippers. Are you allowed to fish there ?

It was the same deal at Blenheim Palace next day at the footbridge just below the waterfall,a shoal of massive chub. There were some guys fishing from boats in the lake but no one on the river. Is it out of bounds? Just curious

Fishing digs on the Mull of Galloway - recommend

HERE

babyforavatar.jpg

Me when I had hair

Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy

How about at night in camo gear or will you be shot

HERE

babyforavatar.jpg

Me when I had hair

I am a backward sea angler-I could be a stealth coarse angler. At Blenheim there were guys fishing from boats in the lake VERY close ! to the bonanza :) "sorry constable but I have a permit,oh sorry I appear to have cast into the wrong bit of water who cares

HERE

babyforavatar.jpg

Me when I had hair

The biggest chub I've ever seen in my life were in the mill pool at Burnham Overy Staithe. I thought they were carp when I first saw them. Unfortunately, they share their habitat with considerable numbers of fair sized brownies, which would snaffle your bait up as soon as it hit the water.

It is also extremely private fishing and in full view of the road.

English as tuppence, changing yet changeless as canal water, nestling in green nowhere, armoured and effete, bold flag-bearer, lotus-fed Miss Havishambling, opsimath and eremite, feudal, still reactionary, Rawlinson End.

• 4 years later...

Have a look at the chub that are often visible at the top end of the weir pool at the Trout Inn at Wolvercote. They are enormous, but of course fishing is not allowed there. Incidentally, it is in that pool that divers searched for the Wolvercote Tongue in one of the Morse epidodes.

Edited by chevin

Politicians are not responsible for a country's rise to greatness; The people are.

The people are not responsible for a country's fall to mediocrity; the politicians are.