Problem viewing YouTube video on-site

philocalist

I', getting problems when I try to view YouTube videos posted within threads: typically when I hit the 'play' icon (lower left corner of the YouTube box), the full screen blacks out to be filled with a very dark grey 'interference' pattern, overlaid with white type that says 'This video is currently unavailable' ... this condition persists despite reloading the offending webpage, and video never becomes available (though it is fully watchable if I click the link to watch it on the YouTube site.

Most recent 'culprit' is:

http://www.anglersnet.co.uk/forums/index.php?/topic/4605944-lenok-caught-hand-siberia/&do=findComment&comment=5567095

though it is not specific to this post - it's happened with pretty much all YouTube content for several weeks now.

Similar content plays OK on other blogs / forums etc.

Anyone have any thoughts / fixes please?

The offender is Internet Explorer. Firefox etc work OK, but I'm pretty much always using IE for a veriety of reason - familiarity being the biggest one, as I KNOW there are benefits to changing :-)

The offender is Internet Explorer. Firefox etc work OK, but I'm pretty much always using IE for a veriety of reason - familiarity being the biggest one, as I KNOW there are benefits to changing :-)

Don't start that again! Lol!

The issue will simply be a plugin that's not playing ball correctly!

Open IE

Choose TOOLS>INTERNET OPTIONS

ADVANCED

Then choose RESTORE ADVANCED SETTINGS

then RESET

This will restore everything to default and disable any plugins you have running.

Now head here:

Www.adobe.com

And download the latest flash player

And head here:

Www.java.com

And download the latest java

On both installs be careful to tick boxes and check what your installing, both installs offer chrome or the ask toolbar and its squally best not to install them.

Restart your system and try again!

Thanks for trying to help - they were my immediate suspects too, although they were already up to date. Uninstalled / reinstalled reset etc, but was / am still getting problems :-(

Got fed up with poor video streaming, very slow foto uploads and broken or no video's including some u tube's so off to join infinity in a couple of weeks. After spending years with aol. It was only when we told them good bye that they recon they can be as good as the service that we expect from b t. Yet i spent a heck of a lot of time previous with aol, asking, pleading that they provide me with a better service. Could it be the package you are recieving?

Please don't tell me your on infinity 2. I'll kill myself. :doh:

Free to choose apart from the ones where the trust poked their nose in. Common eel. tope. Bass and sea bream. All restricted.

New for 2016 TAT are the main instigators for the demise of the u k bass charter boat industry, where they went screaming off to parliament and for the first time assisting so called angling gurus set up bass take bans with the e u using rubbish exaggerated info collected by ices from anglers, they must be very proud.

Upgrade, the door has been closed with regards to anglers being linked to the e u superstate and the failed c f p. So TAT will no longer need to pay monies to the EAA anymore as that org is no longer relevant to the u k . Goodbye to the europeon anglers alliance and pathetic restrictions from the e u.

Angling is better than politics, ban politics from angling.

Consumer of bass. where is the evidence that the u k bass stock need angling trust protection. Why won't you work with your peers instead of castigating them. They have the answer.

Recipie's for mullet stew more than welcomed.

Angling sanitation trust and kent and sussex sea anglers org delete's and blocks rsa's alternative opinion on their face book site. Although they claim to rep all.

new for 2014. where is the evidence that the south coast bream stock need the angling trust? Your campaign has no evidence. Why won't you work with your peers, the inshore under tens? As opposed to alienating them? Angling trust failed big time re bait digging, even fish legal attempted to intervene and failed, all for what, nothing.

Looks like the sea angling reps have been coerced by the ifca's to compose sea angling strategy's that the ifca's at some stage will look at drafting into legislation to manage the rsa, because they like wasting tax payers money. That's without asking the rsa btw. You know who you are..

Got fed up with poor video streaming, very slow foto uploads and broken or no video's including some u tube's so off to join infinity in a couple of weeks. After spending years with aol. It was only when we told them good bye that they recon they can be as good as the service that we expect from b t. Yet i spent a heck of a lot of time previous with aol, asking, pleading that they provide me with a better service. Could it be the package you are recieving?

Please don't tell me your on infinity 2. I'll kill myself. :doh:

If it was all browsers would be effected not just ie.

I assume you've run ccleaner?

FWIW, ISP is Virgin on the 100Mbps service and it normally flies - usually speeds are in excess of 90Mbps.

CCleaner etc have all been done - I've applied what would be all the standard / normal 'fixes' for a nuisance like this, but still coming up with the problem :-(

What OS and version of ie?

If windows 7 then install ie10. And test again.

This is a belt and braces test but it will help diagnose the issue.

Try creating another PC user account and login and test via that account. Ensure its a system admin.

This will in essence clear any odd setting you might have and even eliminate anything odd in your profile area etc. it's only a five min job to create a new user account to test with.

If the issue doesn't show on the new user account then its got to be something installed or running on your profile or an odd setting in IE.

If the issue does occur then its got to be th flash player install or something a bit nastier mayhap.

Edited by kirisute

If it was all browsers would be effected not just ie.

I assume you've run ccleaner?

yes, clean, polished, checked every thing internally even back to the back of the phone socket. my existing is: down 1.32 up .35 spent time with aol and bt. i have heard my old broadband connection with our local exchange, the line is shared with very many other users.

So going to try infinity with 73 down and 20 up. packaged together the cost will be the same as we are paying for slowmail . fingers crossed .

Pray for me :)

Free to choose apart from the ones where the trust poked their nose in. Common eel. tope. Bass and sea bream. All restricted.

New for 2016 TAT are the main instigators for the demise of the u k bass charter boat industry, where they went screaming off to parliament and for the first time assisting so called angling gurus set up bass take bans with the e u using rubbish exaggerated info collected by ices from anglers, they must be very proud.

Upgrade, the door has been closed with regards to anglers being linked to the e u superstate and the failed c f p. So TAT will no longer need to pay monies to the EAA anymore as that org is no longer relevant to the u k . Goodbye to the europeon anglers alliance and pathetic restrictions from the e u.

Angling is better than politics, ban politics from angling.

Consumer of bass. where is the evidence that the u k bass stock need angling trust protection. Why won't you work with your peers instead of castigating them. They have the answer.

Recipie's for mullet stew more than welcomed.

Angling sanitation trust and kent and sussex sea anglers org delete's and blocks rsa's alternative opinion on their face book site. Although they claim to rep all.

new for 2014. where is the evidence that the south coast bream stock need the angling trust? Your campaign has no evidence. Why won't you work with your peers, the inshore under tens? As opposed to alienating them? Angling trust failed big time re bait digging, even fish legal attempted to intervene and failed, all for what, nothing.

Looks like the sea angling reps have been coerced by the ifca's to compose sea angling strategy's that the ifca's at some stage will look at drafting into legislation to manage the rsa, because they like wasting tax payers money. That's without asking the rsa btw. You know who you are..