Which do you prefer ?

leedsunited

how do you keep all your rods from messing up in transit? Ive managed a couple of times to set up at home, dismantle the match rod into 3 pieces then use elastic bands to keep the sections together but a few times they've just come out an utter mess when at the bank and ive ended up re-rigging them anyway. I just do it all at the bank now...

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I always keep 4 2-piece John Wilson Avon Rods set up - 1 for Light feeder, 1 for heavier Ledger (on a centrepin), 1 Centrepin Avon Float and 1 fixed spool float. It covers most of my general fishing, especially if it's a short session. If needs be I cna switch my hooklengths to cater for most situations.

I take 3 piece float rods for anywhere I feel I need the extra length e.g. trotting and invariably have 1, and a reel, in my quiver, just in case!

Time spent fishing is not deducted from one's lifespan........

All my rods except beachcasters are kept made up, (one advantage to driving a people carrier). Pod and other junk can all be left made up in the motor ready for a quick evening session if required.

Only time I break the rods down is when going abroad - then the spigots can be a right bitch!

:rolleyes:

Two downsides to this are: I Don't inspect the tip eye and line as much as I should and flylines get a kink in them where they wrap round the tip.

Jealousy: totally irrational anger directed at people who happen to be richer, prettier, thinner, cleverer and more successful than you are.

I will take the premaid side of this coin! This is down to the terminal tackle only as I keep the rods in individual carriers or carry-all. This way I need to add the final attachments and off I GO! On the time to set up other gear, that is while at least one rod is in the water. The freebees are thrown in and I wait for action. The 2 or 3 piece rods are assembled away from the edge so that spooking of the fish is limited. This is my side of this coin!!

HOPPY4

HOPPY

sluk:

how do you keep all your rods from messing up in transit?  :(

The Pike rods are halfed and put away carefully in a Cypry rod holdall with hook bonnets on the trebles. All I have to do when I get to the water, is bait up and add a weight and I'm fishin!!

¤«Thʤ«PÔâ©H¤MëíTë®»¤

Click HERE for in-fighting, scrapping, name-calling, objectional and often explicit behaviour and cakes. Mind your tin-hat

Click HERE for Tench Fishing World forums

Playboy.jpg

LandaPikkoSig.jpg

"I envy not him that eats better meat than I do, nor him that is richer, or that wears better clothes than I do. I envy nobody but him, and him only, that catches more fish than I do"

...Izaac Walton...

"It looked a really nice swim betwixt weedbed and bank"

...Vagabond...

Andy Macfarlane, Why do you use Treble hooks? I use standard or rider hooks to catch all of my fish other than when we are lure fishing. Not complaining, but just want to know your reasoning?

HOPPY4

HOPPY

Because they work and they work well.

I've tried singles, doubles, VB's (which are ok but I've lost too many doubles on the VB arrangement), barbless, hair-rigs and all manner of hook arrangements.

So far, I have yet to find a Pike trace that works as efficiently as one with a pair of trebles.

I often crush 2 of the barbs, except the one holding the bait though.

¤«Thʤ«PÔâ©H¤MëíTë®»¤

Click HERE for in-fighting, scrapping, name-calling, objectional and often explicit behaviour and cakes. Mind your tin-hat

Playboy.jpg

LandaPikkoSig.jpg

"I envy not him that eats better meat than I do, nor him that is richer, or that wears better clothes than I do. I envy nobody but him, and him only, that catches more fish than I do"

...Izaac Walton...

...Vagabond...

A 12 foot rod comes in 2 or 3 parts mate. I''m fairly sure you,ll get a 4-6 foot of rod, onto a lift no bother.

Just because it's set up, that doesn't mean it can't be split until you get to the bank.

[ 29. July 2005, 03:21 PM: Message edited by: Andy Macfarlane ]

¤«Thʤ«PÔâ©H¤MëíTë®»¤

Playboy.jpg

LandaPikkoSig.jpg

...Izaac Walton...

...Vagabond...

my float rod is set up ready,carp rods aint as i dont know wot method ill be using till i get there. and my 14.5m pole is ready set up get some funny looks at ppl going down the road with my pole strapped to the roof rack :)