Giving up smoking, HELP!

JackPike

I want to give up smoking but cant I need to decide which day I hope some time this week any one care to quit with me. I know this an old thread but its very important.

He who simply trys, Is not trying hard enuff

Guest Ferret1959

I have had throat cancer and back in hospital for another operation today, haven't eaten any food for over 18 months and never will be able to. Hope this helps you decide.

I have had part of my throat and tongue removed as they said otherwise I would die within 2 years.

Pack it up now, the sooner the better.

If you want to know more about me and my cancer mail me.

All the best in your efforts and I hope you manage to give up.

Hi, Sorry to hear your news ferret, if that won't encourage people nothing will.

Jack, I stopped 62 days ago after several previous failed attempts. A site I can recommend is www.givingupsmoking.co.uk ( Apologies for link mods but I would hope you have no objections ). This site has a BB type discussion forum and loads of other good stuff. Any further info required just let me know.

Jack

Good luck on your attempt (i've given up as well, actually i've given up giving up)

I've had the pleasure of meeting Dave (ferret) & a better fella you'll be pressed to find so i'd listen to him mate.

Dave

The biggest problem is they only removed part of your tongue, but they left enough so you could still talk (well thats what ya missus said) LOL :D

TROGG (Alan)

a government is there to serve its people not rule them

I did it Jan 13th 2001 (my 40th birthday) and proud to say haven't cracked. Haven't saved any money and don't feel a great deal fitter (put on a bit of weight) but the pride I now feel when I turn down a fag or answer non-smoker on forms cannot be beaten. It's also great to look my kids in the eye and say "I a non-smoker now".

It wasn't eay at first but it truely gets easier and easier as the weeks go by. Sometimes these days even the thought of smoking makes me feel sick or even just seeing someone else gragging away. When I smoked I never realised just how repulsive a smoker smelt, it really is discusting. Reckon I can smell a smoker from 5-6 yards away now, YUK!!!!! Anyway enough lecturing, good luck mate, you wont regret it.

Cheers - Polly

One good reason to do something is better than a thousand bad excuses not to.

Hi Jackpike

I gave up for the Millinium and am pleased to say i,v never had one since,sure it takes willpower and once or twice i did lose my temper but as each day passes it becomes easier. I just remembered a phrase i read " Today will not be as hard as yesterday and tomorrow will be a bit easier" remember that and every word is true!!

i like Polly now realise how much smokers smell and realise that i smelt like that.You wait till you,ve given up and spend a few hours in the pub and you will realise what we mean!!

All the best in your attempt and i really hope you do it!!!

Tight Lines

Snowy