New Pole Advice needed

dizidave

Hi all,

Im thinking about treating myself to a new pole for next season but im not sure what to get.

I want something a least 13m, preferably 20/18 rated and no more than £400.

Ive been looking at the Maver Deliverance.

Anyone got any suggestions as to what i should get?

Thanks.

my advice would be to go to the best tackle shop near you take your own seat box with you (it does feel differant )and try a number out .only this way will you feel slightly more able to judge.try the pole at full length ,you may have to outside, then take one section off this is when it normally feels best.

please then buy the pole from the shop not try to get ten quid off from a discount place .

looking to use 18 to 20 elastics you might want to for a carp cruncher like the jurrasic carp ,try em out.cheers big al

british by birth ,english by the grace of god

Everybodies different, what suits one may not suit another.

As BigAl suggests, take yourself to a tackle shop and try them out for yourself. Look for a pole that feels nicely balanced in your hands.

13m is ample for pleasure fishing. You may find a cheaper option if you lose 1/2 m and go for a 12.5m pole. There's loads on the market at good prices.

Maver, Shimano, Browning etc, all well known makes with spares readily available.

Thanks, Ill take the advice and go to a shop.

I used a pole for the first time last season. I went for an 11m shakespeare Zeta (very much a starter pole) to see if i liked it.

Well, i did, but now i want something a little better although i cant afford thousands of pounds.

The 11m was ok but extremely heavy and flexible at 11m. Hoping to get something a little lighter and stiffer.

I won't comment on what pole to get as i am unable to keep up with things now that i live in Denmark. But i did work in a tackle shop in suffolk for 5 years before moving here and with that experiance have written some useful information about choosing a first pole on my web site

My site

Goto the pole fishing section.

Its not complete at the moment as i am slowly but surely updating it but it will certainly help you in choosing the right one for the job.

:)

[ 05. January 2004, 08:13 PM: Message edited by: lee wood ]

Lee Wood

My anglersnet gold award winning website:www.fishyworld.co.uk