Digital Scales

kkelly

Hi all, just started carp fishing this year. I have some cheap scales from eBay. But want some thing allot better.

I've been doing day fishing @ lake near me. Been told there are craps pulled out at 34lbs. so far the biggest I've had from there is 17lbs (my PB so far). I don't really want to spend £100 on Fox scales.

So I thought about Chub scales ( http://www.chubfishing.com/index.php?if=vi...237&pid=612 ) @ £60

What do you guys think?

I would certainly advise against digital scales.Lots of issues with them the most important being reliability. Go for a good set of dial scales Choice of make these days realy depends on the size of fish you are expecting/realisticly hoping to catch.I have sets from Avon,Salter and Ruben Heaton.And Ive used the ones from Nash in the past.

No batteries to worry about and more importantly the accuracy of the scales can be checked and any variations allowed for.Cant do this with digitals as their accuracy can depend on the battery!

And thats my "non indicative opinion"!

• 2 weeks later...

Agree with Budgie! Cannot beat a decent set of Avons for me! But mate of mine is selling digis at £32 which are as good as naything else!! Burnley Fishing Tackle.

Chris Goddard

It is to be observed that 'angling' is the name given to fishing by people who can't fish.

If GOD had NOT meant us to go fishing, WHY did he give us arms then??

(If you can't help out someone in need then don't bother my old Dad always said! My grandma put it a LITTLE more, well different! It's like peeing yourself in a black pair of pants she said! It gives you a LOVELY warm feeling but no-one really notices!))

i got myself a set of Reuben Heaton 100KG/200LB dial scales for £40.00 from the Glasgow angling centre

on special offer

cpranim.gif

15/06/12 PB Perch 3 lb 10 oz 03/03/11 Common Carp 23lb 6 oz 05/06/12 Sturgeon 7 lb 13 oz 06/06/12 Mirror Carp 21 lb 2 oz

09/03/13 PB PIKE 27 lb 9 ozARNO3010CustomImage1086535.gif