New harddrive needed

Howard 13

Could someone tell me the best place to buy a new HD(20 or 30 GBs)

Is it best to get one online or just go to PC World and get one.

Also is it easy enough to replace my knackered one.Is it just a case of a straight swap then put in my restore disc?

Thanks for any help.

HB.

I recently bought a 2 new 60 gig ones from E-Buyer (www.ebuyer.com) They were pretty cheap, and came very quickly, anywhere like ebuyer or dabs should give you a good deal.

Gillies

tha fis agam a bhe iasg nuth dunidh sasain!

www.gilliesmackenzie.com

Adz:

Hmm... although their name doesn't exactly inspire confidence ;-)

Would you use a builder with the name "CowboysRUs Ltd." ?

Cheers,

Is that in my direction Adz???

I`ll explain :D

www.overclockers.co.uk sell items which you can buy from any decent computer shop and they also sell items which enable you to overclock your system.I`m currently using a AMD athlon XP 2100+ (1.73gig as std) running at 1.92gig and the cpu temp is at 32 degrees C due to just a new cpu fan if i was to go the whole hog and have a water cooling system then i could get the cpu to oveer 2gig with the aid of a special piece of circuitry which unlocks the cpu to enable its full potential.

So no its not a coyboy outfit as overclockers have been going for as long as ive been on the net (41/2 yrs) and they seem to have an excellent service and customer support.Maybe some tackle companies should look at their set-up and take some notes.