spinners?

maxaldo

I am off up to Ullwater in the Lake district for a few days next week in search of brown trout, perch and perhaps the odd pike maybe. I would like to know where i could get an assortment of lures and spinners to cover any eventualities from and where i could get these at a reasonable price?

See my private message to you.

dont bother piking on Ulleswater.

"Some people hear their inner voices with such clarity that they live by what they hear, such people go crazy, but they become legends"

Why not?

ok it isnt the easiest venue to get a pike form ill admit

A FREE one day rowing boat hire voucher will be given to any angler that catches an elusive pike in Ullswater. Over the years, we have heard many stories from fishermen and divers regarding the elusive pike, but as yet have never seen or recorded a catch.

http://www.lakelandboathire.co.uk/content/view/15/29/

Thats why I suggested someone with self confessed limited knowledge of the techniques used to catch Pike, who only has 3 days and doesnt know the water should not bother with them, stick to trout/perch. If they want to go lake district piking then there are much better venue choices.

"Some people hear their inner voices with such clarity that they live by what they hear, such people go crazy, but they become legends"

a fly sea is always a good bike lure or a toby bait is deadly.and if ya want to go for brownies a mepps maybe or a lane minnow

"two men were standing on the bank of the river and one says to the other"how can i catch a fish?? and the other replied "you keep your bait in the water!!!"

Guest tigger
If they want to go lake district piking then there are much better venue choices.

Ullswaters is noted to be pretty much void of Pike.

Ullswaters is noted to be pretty much void of Pike.

Precisely!

well o.k, thats pike pretty much out of the equation then :rolleyes: , not that i'm bothered to be completely honest, it would just mean that i would have to tackle up to a point whree if i caught a perch or trout there would'nt be much of a fight. Just out of interest though, how big can the perch and trout get in Ullswater? and what breaking strain of line should i use? would 4lb be o.k?

See my PM. It would be lovely to find out how you get on, please let us know.