Bah Humbug!

davidP

September 21st and Sainsburys already have their Christmas Aisle set up and stocked. I almost walked out of the store in disgust and I wasn't on my own judging by some of the comments I heard! My favourite was from a father who having stopped his kids going down the Christmas aisle commented 'I bet they've got Easter Eggs in the next aisle'.

Should we start taking bets now on the date of the first reported Christmas muzak?? (any before Dec 1st and I complain to the manager!)

DISCLAIMER: All opinions herein are fictitious. Any similarities to real

opinions, living or dead, are entirely coincidental.

David!!!

You mean spirited sod!!! I`ve just come from Tesco`s!! They`ve got Christmas Puds and hot cross buns in the same aisle. LOL

Global warming has a lot to answer for?

When I was a kid. After summer, just as it started to get a tad frosty, we looked forward to Bonfire night? We spent weeks gathering our bonfire stuff and saving for fireworks?

But now. We have to fit in `Trick or Treat night`? No-one used to celebrate Halloween except the odd church youth club! But how long will it be before we see all the witch masks in the local shops?

we used to have `Mothers Day`, then `Fathers Day`. Now we have `Grandparents day`!!

Maybe you`re right.

Let`s stick to Cristmas, New Year, Easter and Guy Fawkes night!! It will save me a fortune!!!!

Paul.

We don`t use J`s anymore!!

Erm all the halloween stuff is already out in Stafford!!

Xmas stuff starting to show :(

David

Why do people use the term "humbug" to show distain etc??

Me personnaly i love them little mints :)

TROGG (Alan)

a government is there to serve its people not rule them

Originally posted by spasor: No-one used to celebrate Halloween except the odd church youth club!

---------------------

Hiya, Spasor, little onions using little feathers macine.... I'm delighted people are celebrating Samhain (Halloween to you). This festival is more special than Christmas to Fishing witches. Muzac and its creators should be burnt at the stake. :rolleyes:

ALAN FAWCETT:

Erm all the halloween stuff is already out in Stafford!!

Xmas stuff starting to show    :(  

David

Why do people use the term "humbug" to show distain etc??

Me personnaly i love them little mints    :)  

Hey Alan

I thought that was the normal dress for you Stafford lads :D:D

david

[ 22. September 2002, 01:16 PM: Message edited by: david platt ]