Hydro Elastic

RUDD

For star knot read overhand loop with the loop cut. Voila a 4 pointed star or crowsfoot if you prefer. Iuse this for all my elastics even the number 2 that will be comming out this weekend.

On really fine elastics you can double up the elastic before tying the loop to create a more substantial knot.

I have never had my elastic cut by the line. That said on fine elastics I do change them often mainly to maintain smotheness of operation but this also keeps wear and tear in check. On the heavier elastics I use bungs with winders built in and if I see a sign of wear let a little out and re-tie the knot. That said that is good practice even using a stonfo as I believe that these can cause wear from rubbing just as bad as any from using a line to elastic conection.

Budgie

It is apurely pesonal thing. If you lined up all of the top pole anglers they would probably be split 50:50 on this one.

Personaly I dont use anything that I can't see a need for and I cant see a need for a stonfo.

It has been so long since I stopped using them but I think it was partly that you could feel them when striking and some people belived that they could cause miseed bites and bumped fish. As a result of this I tried going without and never went back.

Budgie

Out of interest I undertook a survey of elastic connections at the match I fished on Sunday. We were on the Military Canal so almost exclusively light elastics. I only included anglers from Delcac ,VDE Essex and others of a simmalar calibre. Things seem to have swung back in the favour of conectors as 16 out ofthe 21 that I looked at were using conectors.

Now I am going to have to ask them why.

I've been using black hydro in my shimano techniam for all my carp fishing and have found it very impresive. yes it is expensive but in my opinion is worth it. if i need to go lighter i use the kamasan. as for conection i use a short length of fly line backind which has never let me down yet

Regards

Paul.s

----------------------------------

Live for today as there might not be a tommorrow!!!

jp-tackle.co.uk