Pen Ponds - Richmond Park

Guest Phil Bishop

Guest bishopphil@gmail.com

I am thinking of joining Pen Ponds in Richmond Park and wondered if anyone could give me some info on the lakes. The Park Office could only give me sketchy reports e.g. "huge lakes, mixed species" and what I'd like is some tips about swims, tactics, bait etc to try.

Thanks

Phil

I can remember fishing Pen ponds, Heron and Leg of mutton ponds back in the sixties. All I can remember is Tench Bream and Pike, which seemed enormous to me at the time. No doubt it will have changed in forty years, so this isn't much help. Just thought I'd say.

By the way I'd be interested to see how you get on. :)

As no man is born an artist, so no man is born an angler. Izaac Walton

jason.p:

I can remember fishing Pen ponds, Heron and Leg of mutton ponds back in the sixties. All I can remember is Tench Bream and Pike, which seemed enormous to me at the time. No doubt it will have changed in forty years, so this isn't much help. Just thought I'd say.

By the way I'd be interested to see how you get on.    :)  

Likewise,along with the Long Water and Wall pond in Hampton Court.

Fished the Pen Ponds a few times back then and really struggled.Have heard of some big carp and i belive pike from the Pen Ponds over the last few years.I certainly don't think they are a push over.

• 5 years later...

I'm tempted to have a look but I made the fatal mistake of fishing Clapham Common's Eagle Pond a couple of months back.... Never again... Caught some ugly looking skimmers (2 on a maggot-feeder but incidentally a Polish bloke arrived to fish the peg next to me and caught about a million in an hour by just using bread-flake cast a metre or 2 in).... Very boring- lots of silver fish, traffic noise and annoying yuppies asking great questions like: "Are there fish in here, then?" when there's about 20 people gathered around fishing it...