All alone :o(

Alan Fawcett

Hey its only 3am & according to the thingumy wotsimacallit at the bottom i'm the only person on here :( (recent visitors 1)

I don't think i like having that thing there now cos it shows i'm the only one on here & i used to like the idea that there's some other stupid git awake at this time in the morning even if it is only John S or the bloody redneck

TROGG (Alan)

a government is there to serve its people not rule them

Just a redneck (me) and a western fella (oregon dave) on right now.

What the dickens you doing up so late anyway? Growing lad like you needs sleep. ROF

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President

Just as i shut down i noticed the thingumy said "origamidave & 2 guests" so i figured i was one of the guests & wondered who the other insomniac was, totally forgot bout you statesiders & the wierd hours you've got over there :P

TROGG (Alan)

Alan - Are you and Newt in cahoots in diss'ing the great name of the State of Oregon? Citizens of Oregon may diss it, since we live here, but not foreigners from North Carolina, England, and such.

Of course, its just after 0300 UTC ( :D ), so I don't suppose you're up and able to defend yourself, or even Greenwich. :P

DaveK

Sorry OrigamiDave. Your username seems to have gotten screwed up somehow. What in the world is an "Oregon"? Yike. Sounds like ..... nope. Can't say what. Family bbs and all that. But one does have to wonder why she is gone and where she has gone to.

:D:D

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President

Pollygondave

whats UTC??

Under The Car?

Up The Carolinians?

Up The Confederates?

Under The Covers ?? (ooo er)

LOL

I was up at 03:18 (time of your post) but i was playing sega bass fishing :)

As for defending GMT hell i can't understand what its all about? as far i'm concerned when its 00:00 here it should be the same all over the world (you lot just wanted to be different AGAIN) :P

TROGG (Alan)

Since radio signals can cross multiple time zones and the international date line, some worldwide standard for time and date is needed. This standard is coordinated universal time, abbreviated UTC. This was formerly known as Greenwich mean time (GMT). Other terms used to refer to it include "Zulu time" (after the "Z" often used after UTC times), "universal time," and "world time."

UTC is used by international shortwave broadcasters in their broadcast and program schedules. Ham radio operators, shortwave listeners, the military, and utility radio services are also big users of UTC.

Greenwich mean time was based upon the time at the zero degree meridian that crossed through Greenwich, England. GMT became a world time and date standard because it was used by Britain's Royal Navy and merchant fleet during the nineteenth century. Today, UTC uses precise atomic clocks, shortwave time signals, and satellites to ensure that UTC remains a reliable, accurate standard for scientific and navigational purposes. Despite the improvements in accuracy, however, the same principles used in GMT have been carried over into UTC.

UTC uses a 24-hour system of time notation. "1:00 a.m." in UTC is expressed as 0100, pronounced "zero one hundred." Fifteen minutes after 0100 is expressed as 0115; thirty-eight minutes after 0100 is 0138 (usually pronounced "zero one thirty-eight"). The time one minute after 0159 is 0200. The time one minute after 1259 is 1300 (pronounced "thirteen hundred"). This continues until 2359. One minute later is 0000 ("zero hundred"), and the start of a new UTC day.