4meter whip newby

bettsybetts

hi

Just bought a 4 meter elasticated telescopic middy whip

Was wondering how to you play and land a fish at 4 meters as you cannot remove 1st section whilst fish is on ?

Is it better to remove this section or cut it so it can be used as a push over section.

Cheers

When I used long tele whips and elastic I twisted the section above the butt so it retracted back in to butt section and so on until short enough to land the fish.

With a 4m whip there should be no need as you will be fishing to hand.

You need a rig about 2 thirds of the whip long.

Most fish will be swung to hand holding whip about half way up the butt section

The elastic will come into play if a bigger fish is hooked which will be landed holding the whip towards the bottom of the butt with the butt against your elbow and the whip up high depending on the size of the fish.

RUDD

Different floats for different folks!

If it's like my 6meter margin pole, first you slide the next section insitde the but section and so on to shorten the pole. Please dont saw anything, there is no need to.

Growing old is mandatory, growing up is optional :-)

Guest 1lastcast

hi

Just bought a 4 meter elasticated telescopic middy whip

Was wondering how to you play and land a fish at 4 meters as you cannot remove 1st section whilst fish is on ?

Is it better to remove this section or cut it so it can be used as a push over section.

Cheers

As it is about the same length as a waggler rod there is no need to do anything other than net the fish or swing it in 'to hand'