A Cow and a Wise Man

Newt

The only cow in a small town in the southeastern part of England stopped giving milk. The people did some research and found that they could buy a cow just across the border in Wales for £150. They brought the cow from Wales and the cow was wonderful. It produced lots of milk all of the time, and the people were very happy.

They decided to acquire a bull to mate with the cow to produce more cows like it. They would never have to worry about their milk supply again. They bought the bull and put it in the pasture with their beloved cow. However, whenever the bull tried to mount the cow, the cow would move away. No matter what approach the bull tried, the cow would move away from the bull and he could not succeed in his quest. The people were very upset and decided to ask the local Rabbi, who was very wise, what to do.

They told the Rabbi what was happening. "Whenever the bull tires to mount our cow, she moves away. If he approaches from the back, she moves forward. When he approaches her from the front, she backs off. An attempt from the side, she walks away to the other side."

The Rabbi thought about this for a minute and asked, "Did you by chance, buy this cow in Wales?"

The people were dumbfounded, since no one had ever mentioned where they bought the cow. "You are truly a wise man," they said. "How did you know we got the cow in Wales?"

The Rabbi replied, "My wife is from Wales."

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President

I'm confused......My wife is from Hartlepool and displays exactly the same tendancies......and she gets really upset for some reason when I call her a cow......!!!

Paul

But did you know how they got around the problem?? :confused: They gave the cow a very powerful aphrodisiac which did the trick!! :D:D Good job she liked the flavour of peppermints 'aint it!!??? :confused: :D:o

Chris

Chris Goddard

It is to be observed that 'angling' is the name given to fishing by people who can't fish.

If GOD had NOT meant us to go fishing, WHY did he give us arms then??

(If you can't help out someone in need then don't bother my old Dad always said! My grandma put it a LITTLE more, well different! It's like peeing yourself in a black pair of pants she said! It gives you a LOVELY warm feeling but no-one really notices!))