Stewartby lakes - Bedfordshire

Bonzo

Iam looking for any information that you guys might share with me with regards to the lake a stewartby.

I have had a gander at there web site and it looks good, yearly ticket only £27.00.

There are some pictures of captures , but the nice ones of big bream look a tad old, so I am wondering if the big bream and perhaps a few hefty tench still reside there.

Would also like to know if the boat traffic from the sailing club can be a problem or is it all well managed so everyone can enjoy the water.

I understand they have power boat races a few times a year, how does this effect the fishing,(No fishing on the days of the races) up to a couple of days after such events?

just one more cast then I'am off home

Is that the pit/lake that used to be called "The Blue Lagoon", (not the Arlesey one) If it is, I believe that there were some very big pike caught there in the '70s.

I have no idea of what it is like now, but at that time there used to be a fair bit of friction between boaters and anglers. I seem to remember a story about a water skier getting line and a swim feeder wrapped around his neck as he passed a casting angler!

Politicians are not responsible for a country's rise to greatness; The people are.

The people are not responsible for a country's fall to mediocrity; the politicians are.

I dont think is was known as the blue lagoon, this one is a dis-used clay pit,I have been told that its got quite a depth in places 100 feet +.

A guy at mt local tackle shop has since told me that the relationship between anglers and boaters/wind surfers is good, and that hte bream are still there, they have some zander in there to.

I have decided to give it a go this year anyway, somewhere different, I have fished in and around Newport Pagnel for the last 17 odd years and need a change, I will still fish there as well through out the coming season.

just one more cast then I'am off home

Hi bonzo I used to fish at Brogborough lake the wind surfing lake just up the road from stewartby I know theres some big bream in there,It used to have some good rudd too.Theres some very big carp in Stewartby they use them to tow the water skiers. Stewartby corornation pit might be worth a look as well

I'm one of the "others" when it comes to brogborough as Im a member of the windsurfing club. Its still got the big carp and bream have not heard anything about the rudd though think maybe the comrants have got them. Im still trying to run one down on the sailboard will get one oneday.

I'm back is fishing like riding a bike? you never forget how?