Printer Help - Desperate!!!

Elton

talking of intrepid ,i have been in correspondance with some ex employee`s ,one is sending a "one off" green one and a couple of missing ones from my list ,i have decided to write a book about them ,hopefully make a little money as well ,the chaps are well into their seventies so i am getting as much info as i can before its gone :(:) my list is up to 35 models now

[ 11. October 2002, 09:04 PM: Message edited by: chesters1 ]

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

chesters1:

talking of intrepid ,i have been in correspondance with some ex employee`s ,one is sending a "one off" green one and a couple of missing ones from my list ,i have decided to write a book about them ,hopefully make a little money as well ,the chaps are well into their seventies so i am getting as much info as i can before its gone :(:) my list is up to 35 models now

Excellent news, chesters! Hope it's a roaring success - always great to see someone so passionate about something.

Elton

Anglers' Net Shopping Partners - Please Support Your Forum

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

CLICK HERE for Go Outdoors. HUGE discounts!

FOLLOW ANGLERS' NET ON TWITTER- CLICK HERE - @anglersnet

PLEASE 'LIKE' US ON FACEBOOK - CLICK HERE

it`l be a few more years yet ,i hope it will be as popular as mr phil wallers one ,is he alive he hasnt answered my letters :confused:

[ 11. October 2002, 09:43 PM: Message edited by: chesters1 ]

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

chesters1:

Eh?

You're not collecting council employees again :)

...are you ? :P

Good luck anyways

Liam

could say i`m an intrepid collector of them :D

On the Subject of the Lexmark printer:

If the same happens again. Check to make sure the carriage bar is clean. The carriage bar is the silver bar that runs the full width of the printer and the cartridge cradle slides side to side on. Also, check to see if the printer has an encoder strip. This will be a plastic strip about 5mm wide with hundreds of little black noches on. If ink, dut or dirt gets on either the carriage bar or the encoder strip, this can cause a carriage stall. A carriage stall will result in either an error half way through a print or the print starting from inside the home position.

Dragonbat:

Bin it bin dear Elton bin it?? then get yourself and HP. :D

Sorry can't help

HP printers aren't as reliable as they once were. Examples:

Before I carry on. Please note that NO SPARE PARTS ARE AVAILABLE FOR DESKJET MECHANISMS. ONLY OUTER PLASTICS AND THE ODD ONE OR TWO CABLE KITS.

HP Deskjet 600 Series:

After about 4 to 18 months (depending on duty cycle) the carriage belt tension spring looses it's spring. This causes the printer to make a horrible juddering noise while printing (particularly on Econofast). The carriage belt slips on the motor.

HP Deskjet 900 Series:

These are notorious for spraying ink in the mechanism. Ink covers the contacts for the cartridges causing error CARTRIDGE NOT INSTALLED CORRECTLY, the encoder strip and the encoder for the page feed sensor. The waste in tank fills up very quickly and hardened waste ink coats the heads on the cartridges. Installing new cartridges will not solve the problem as the first pass the cartridge makes over the hardened ink deposits renders the new cartridge useless. As the ink tank fills up the porous pads get saturated very quickly. Tilting the printer any more than an angle of 10 degrees will empty the waste ink into the mechanism. The waste ink tank pads become saturated after around 2 months. All printers of this series are affected.

HP Deskjet 800 series.

See above RE: Waste ink tank filling up. If you look in the printer next to the cartridge capping assy you will see a big black column of hardened waste ink. Remove this and then install a new cartridge. All printers of this series are affected.

HP Deskjet 2000C Series:

Anytime between zero months and infinity months, the spring hooks for the ink tank hammers snap. This will give a CARTRIDGE OUT error even when all heads and cartridges are installed. New ink purging unit required. Unavailable as a spare part unless under warranty.

HP Laserjet 5P/5MP/6P/6MP:

After a while the thin plastic film on the fuser unit will rip. This will cause a dark banding down one edge of the page accompanied by a crumpling sound from the rear of the printer. You will ring HP, they will recommend you change the drum/toner cartridge. Same fault. Ring HP again and they will recommend a new fuser unit. Loadsamoney.

HP Laserjet 4000/4100 series:

Problems again with the fuser units. The non-stick coating comes off the fuser film (especially when printing to labels). This will allow waste toner to stick to the fuser and speckles appear on the printouts. HP will recommend a new drum/toner. Same fault. HP will then recommend a new fuser unit. Loadsamoney. 80% of printers of this series are affected.

HP Laserjet 4/4+/5/5M Series:

The paper out sensor flag drops out of it's holding station. This will cause a paper out error even when the bin is full. After about 20 months use (abiding by the HP recommended duty cycle) the pages exiting the printer will concertina. The paper exit rollers need replacing.

HP Laserjet 5L/6L/1100 Series:

Anytime between 2 and infinity months, the separation pad oxidises with the air. This causes the printer to feed a full bin of paper through the printer. If the full bin of paper is fed all the way through this can rip the fuser film. All printers of this series are affected.

HP Colour Laserjet 4500/4550 Series:

There have been serious problems with the ITB units in these printers. The ITB (Intermediate Transfer Belt) unit composes the (colour A4) image before transfer onto the paper. When the ITB fails the printer will print nothing but blank sheets. HP will recommend you replace all the toner cartridges and then the Drum Unit and will then recommend a new ITB. Loadsamoney. 40-60% of printers of this series are affected.

Shall I carry on ???

HP keep me in a job. I have a workshop FULL of faulty HP printers that fail just outside the warranty period. I love HP's reliabilty record. Keeps me employed and off the dole :D:D

Tight Lines.

Chris.

yep we`ve tried to repair modern laserjets ,gone are the nice "lightbulbs" now its a resistive strip ,cheaper to chuck it away and buy a new one :D same with every modern printer you need 3 hands to get them apart :D and theres little that can be bodged back together, even less to replace :(:) its as if they had an inbuilt timer about 13/14 months and fut :D