Line lay advice

Adam247

Hi guys and girls , been a while but hoping to get out for a session tomorrow but the reel I plan on using isn't holing line properly as its bulked up at the top the reel is a wychwood extremis FD . Is there any way I can fix the line lay on it ? Was a second hand reel from cash generator so no spare washers to adjust the spool . Any help would be great thanks

HONOR IS DOING THE RIGHT THING, EVEN WHEN NOBODY IS LOOKING ...

Laugh and the world laughs with you; weep, and you weep alone.

"Yes, I will do the opposite. I used to sit here and do nothing and regret it for the rest of the day. So now i will do the opposite, and i will do something..." George Costanza

Yes it does , sorry didn't literally mean all line at top it's tapered more at the top more of a cone instead of parellel

"Yes, I will do the opposite. I used to sit here and do nothing and regret it for the rest of the day. So now i will do the opposite, and i will do something..." George Costanza

Guest 1lastcast

Did you spool up with new line?

Have you made sure the spool is fully clicked down on the spindle?

Is the washer in place/faulty ?

Does the spool go up and down when you turn the handle?

If yes to all this then perhaps you might really have a problem, I have a FD they are solid reels and reliable, but need some more info really to help more.

Yea new line spool is fully down unsure on how many washers need to be on the spindle and it does go up and down , it's not laying line parallel on the spool

More of a v on the spool instead of l l

No help here Adam, just popping up to say hello, mate; hows the wee bairn? BTW, the floats I did for you ages ago and forgot to collect for - you can call them a present and pass them on to her when you teach her how to fish :D All the best, bud.

"The most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the source of all true art and all science. He to whom this emotion is a stranger, who can no longer pause to wonder and stand rapt in awe, is as good as dead: his eyes are closed."

Hi rob she is great , tbh I completely forgot about them but both kids will get the fishing bug you can trust me on that one and will defiantly get my old floats when I pass lol thanks rob

Adam.

As it is a front drag you're not likely to be missing any washers. Does the drag work? Isn't that a "smallish" reel? What size and type of line are you trying to use?

IMO it is "likely" operator error in some fashion.

Phone

All I can suggest is you put a whole load of backing on, as level as you can, by hand or another winding device (I've used a turntable in the past) and once you get to the point where you're putting your actual fishing line, which is what, maybe the last 100 yards or less?...it should go on level enough not to make a massive difference.

¤«Thʤ«PÔâ©H¤MëíTë®»¤

Click HERE for in-fighting, scrapping, name-calling, objectional and often explicit behaviour and cakes. Mind your tin-hat

Click HERE for Tench Fishing World forums

Playboy.jpg

LandaPikkoSig.jpg

"I envy not him that eats better meat than I do, nor him that is richer, or that wears better clothes than I do. I envy nobody but him, and him only, that catches more fish than I do"

...Izaac Walton...

"It looked a really nice swim betwixt weedbed and bank"

...Vagabond...