TF Gear Hardweat 50 Batraunner Reel

Black Rabbit

Black R,

I don't think they are a "manufacturer". Private lable reel in all likelyhood. If it is not to "pricey" I'd not be afraid to take a chance - looks ok doesn't it? I'd bet a nickel you can find an identical picture of this reel with a different label on the internet.

Phone

Guest 1lastcast

Does anyone know if this reel is any good???

Hi

If you are on a budget then I don't think you can go wrong with the Okuma 'runners, the Epic Pro V2 are excellent reels , they come in 30 40 & 5000's sizes. The 4000 is fine for most situations, it will take up to 12lbs b.s line and could be used for light carp or barbel fishing. If you are using heavier leads say up to 4-5 ozs then step up to the 5000.

They are compact and light and look great, with a quality hard wearing finish, very smooth and the most experienced of Anglers use them (Martin Bowler etc) You can pick one up from c£25 -£35 ea off e.bay.

I would not touch the hardware with a barge pole personally, you might not realise that until you have a good fish on / off.

Guest 1lastcast

Black R,

I don't think they are a "manufacturer". Private lable reel in all likelyhood. If it is not to "pricey" I'd not be afraid to take a chance - looks ok doesn't it? I'd bet a nickel you can find an identical picture of this reel with a different label on the internet.

Phone

Got myself some good old Penn Slammers Phone, American as Apple Pie, but with a clutch that is smooth as silk, and with real cranking power, just sometimes American is best :doh: