Liquid brasem

Fordy

alot of it depends on how you feel about it . . if it helps you concentrate and gives you confidence then you are onto a winner.

Does it catcha and attract more fish . . nope cos if it did all the fish would have been cuaght on it so mant times already they'd be terrified of the stuff . .

I have used it on occasions and it has lead me to catching a bream from one water where they are few - far between and never been caught (although they wash up dead every blue moon) but then again it was spawning season, I was fishing worm over brasem flavoured hemp - and it was in the middle of a thunder storm . . . so you decide . .did it make a difference . . could it make a difference . .

hey waddaya know I can spell tomato !

Bradford Angler:

Does it catcha and attract more fish . . nope cos if it did all the fish would have been cuaght on it so mant times already they'd be terrified of the stuff . .

Sorry, BA, I'm not convinced by this line of reasoning. The same arguement could also be applied to any bait, flavoured or otherwise. All baits attract, be it by taste, smell, movement or whatever.

However, if you mean that the fish can wise up to flavours, I agree with you. In that case it's time for a change of flavour, and there's almost an infinite choice.

This is a copy of what I wrote on another topic regarding Archie Braddock's flavourings:

"When Archie wrote about flavours in The Book of the Perch some 15 years ago I was very sceptical. However, now I'm very much a convert!

Initially I thought flavours may work just because they covered up smells the fish don't like, including ammonia in maggots. Nowadays, though, I won't use maggots without flavouring them.

The turning point for me was when I baited up 2 parts of a featureless swim on a commercial water with 2 different flavours. One flavour attracted mainly roach, the other mainly perch. I then switched the flavours around. The fish followed their favoured flavour!

You don't need to buy a huge number of flavours to begin with. Indeed, if you do it'll take you longer to determine what does and doesn't work best in different circumstances.

For instance you could just buy a fruity one for members of the carp family, including tench, bream and roach. Add a spicy one for perch and you'll cover most stillwater species in summer. Two I can highly recommend from personal experience are Archie's Peach flavour and his Perch Magic. For further details go to www.braddocksbaits.co.uk"

Wingham Specimen Coarse & Carp Syndicates www.winghamfisheries.co.uk Beautiful, peaceful, little fished gravel pit syndicates in Kent with very big fish. 2017 Forum Fish-In Sat May 6 to Mon May 8. Articles http://www.anglersnet.co.uk/steveburke.htm Index of all my articles on Angler's Net

You are the perch man Steve, when you're talking, I'm listening.

I am fascinated by Archie's writings and managed to get hold of some 'perch magic' at the beginning of last winter. A length of canal I fish in which I have caught thousands of roach, I have caught maybe ten perch against the thousands of roach. I dosed some maggots in Archie's perch magic and caught 10 perch and about 11 roach in a short session. That is a mega result for the appropriate flavour in my mind. The french have always advocated cocoanut in bream mixes and sweetening the mix. What totally baffles me is that Fishmeal pellets stink bloody awful yet seem far more effective than the sweeter flavours. One of my mates has slaughtered us my feeding fishmeal pellets in matches and he is always the one to catch any odd bream going while the rest of us have struggled.

I expect to pass through this world but once; any good thing therefore that I can do, or any kindness I can show to any fellow - creature, let me do it now, let me not defer or neglect it, for I shall not pass this way again.

Brasem is Dutch for Bream I believe and I'm also sure I've seen 'Liquid Brasem' sold as 'Liquid Bream'

I don't think it actually contains liquidised Bream though..LOL. I think it just comes across that way in translation. 'Bream Liquid' would probably be more accurate.

¤«Thʤ«PÔâ©H¤MëíTë®»¤

Click HERE for in-fighting, scrapping, name-calling, objectional and often explicit behaviour and cakes. Mind your tin-hat

Click HERE for Tench Fishing World forums

Playboy.jpg

LandaPikkoSig.jpg

"I envy not him that eats better meat than I do, nor him that is richer, or that wears better clothes than I do. I envy nobody but him, and him only, that catches more fish than I do"

...Izaac Walton...

"It looked a really nice swim betwixt weedbed and bank"

...Vagabond...

The thought of Dutch people liquidising bream is enough to put you off your lunch! So is Scopex made from Liquidised Scopes? Can you use whole Scopes as hook bait - and if so, do you attach them by hair-rig or with a bait-band??