Copy and Paste probs?

ThePiker

H all,

having probs with clicking on links,shortcuts.If I click on a shortcut/link within a site,I do not get forwarded to that site which the link is for.When the link is clicked,it does not appear in the address bar.What I have to do is right click the link,click on copy shortcut,then paste in my address bar and hit enter to get to that site. Hope that makes sense to some-one..any ideas how it can be fixed...Cheers guys..Des. :confused:

Best guess - your PC has gotten confused about which is the default browser. Happens sometimes.

If you are using IE6 (and maybe earlier) there is a check box under tools~internet options~programs to make it always check to see if it is your default. That will usually work. If not and if you are up to a little registry editing, open the registry using regedit. In your registry, change:

/HKEY_CURRENT_USER/Software/Microsoft/Internet Explorer/Main/Check_Associations

to read "YES"

If you are using another browser, say which one and which version.

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President